Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's nights like this...

...that I want to remember.

I love nights when we've had a great day and then keep on playing. On Saturday, J & T took us to the Scottish festival in Payson. We've never been to it before, but it was pretty fun. They had bag pipe competitions, and some keg throwing competitions, along with other fun Scottish things.

I think this guy can twirl his kilt better than I can twirl a skirt! ;)
After the Scottish festival and visiting T's grandma, we went and borrowed some Wii games, picked up some delicious food from Bajio and then came home to play. We played some Wii, ate our yummy food, had a balloon fight and then went to J & T's to look at the moon through the telescope.
The McSweeney's all ganged up on me!
R loves balloons!
When we first got the telescope out, it was too cloudy to really see anything but we knew the sky would be clearing up so we got out a couple of blankets and layed on the grass, made shapes in the clouds, played the celebrity name game, and asked D to tell us about the stars. He pointed out a bunch of constellations for us and told us about the brightest stars we could see. (I love having a smart husband who can teach me new things all the time, and always amaze me with his incredible memory! I love you, D!) We searched the sky for sattelites, and we saw 3 shooting stars! We also got to see Jupiter and her four biggest moons through the telescope, but D couldn't get a good picture of it :( It was super cool to see the sky through the telescope again. It always makes me appreciate God's creations and realize that despite how small and insignificant we might think we are, He still knows us each by name.

No comments: