Saturday, September 12, 2009

San Francisco....here I come!!

Along with 3 other students and a couple of the professors and their spouses, I've been invited to attend the 71st NCFR (National Council on Family Relations) Annual Conference in San Francisco in November! I feel so privileged to go because I'll be one of the first students to major in Family Studies at UVU because the program is brand-spankin'-new this fall. The university is doing everything they can to boost this new program, and I'm so stoked about it!

I'm really excited to go and be part of this conference, but I'm totally bummed that D doesn't get to come with me. We were originally trying to work it out so he could come too, but we're poor students, so thus is life. I'll be gone for 5 whole days, but I think we'll survive ;) This will be the first time I leave him to go on a trip planned for me...usually it's him who leaves on trips while I stay home. This will really be an awesome experience for me, and I'm so glad to have this opportunity!

6 comments:

MARK & CHRISTY said...

Wow that is so awesome, I'm jealous! Congrats! :)

Sara Kappas said...

How fun I'm jeleous of you. I've never been to San Francisco but I've heard it is so much fun. It will be sad to be away from D but coming home is the best part, then you know he really missed you. Have fun and safe travels.

Jennie-O said...

I'm so excited for you. I love SF and you will too. Congrats to you and I can't wait to see you guys soon.

Missy said...

That is really fun for you. I would try a little harder to get D out there though. Anthony and I had soooo much fun in SF. I know you guys would love it (it would be worth being even more broke for a little while.)

Cristin said...

Have fun. I LOVE San Francisco. There is so much to do, hopefully you'll have time to see some of the city.

Laura said...

Kiara, I found you, I found you hehe. Miss you girl. Sounds like everything is going good. Love your blog and I'm excited for you to be going to San Fran. It sounds like you will have fun. Keep in touch.

Love ya
Laura (Valdez) Peterson
My blog is jlmoments.blogspot.com