Sunday, February 7, 2016

Wrapping up January

January 17, 2016
Although we moved from our condo just after Christmas, we continued attending church with our ward (congregation) for a few weeks in January.  I had been serving as the Primary President (I was over all the children in the ward ages 18 months to 12 years old) and was serving along side some amazing ladies.  I felt like my time with them was cut short because I was only in that position for about 4 months.  We accomplished a lot together, we learned a lot together, and we grew really close to each other.  The amazing ladies I served with surprised me on my last Sunday there with a very sweet and thoughtful "thank you" from the primary kids and leaders.  I was very touched and couldn't hold back my tears.  Thank you again, Denise, Alice, and Courtney!  You are all greatly missed!!
  photo DSC01244_zpskk5t8q1n.jpg
 Darwin and the girls helped me eat the yummy rice krispie stars. They were delish!
 photo DSC01245_zpsaskklpfs.jpg

January 26, 2016 - Australia Day!
We didn't get very good pictures of Australia Day this year, but we got enough to document that we celebrated with our favorite Aussies :)  The food was delicious, the games were a blast and the company was fantastic, as always!
Savannah won the grand prize for this game! Way to go, Sissy!
 photo DSC01266_zpssvezi3jp.jpg
 photo DSC01267_zpsgr2vq5ve.jpg
 And the adults always get a little crazy and really competitive when it's their turn to play.  It's pretty hilarious actually :)
 photo DSC01271_zpsigy4zeye.jpg
 photo DSC01273_zpskbj2vwub.jpg
Happy Australia Day!  Thanks for the invite from our Aussie family.  We love you guys!

No comments: