Monday, December 6, 2010

Baby Showered

This past Saturday my mom & sisters threw a baby shower for me and the little munchkin. Darwin & I were both very touched by everyone's generosity. Both my family's, for the time spent in planning, putting the shower together and thoughtful gifts; and everyone who came and contributed generous gifts to help us be better prepared for our little one. We had a great time, and I wanted to thank all you lovely ladies who came for your love, support, and generous gifts. We are so blessed to be surrounded by so many people who love and support us! We feel like we can't adequately say our thanks, but we hope you know how grateful we are in our hearts! (Get ready for lots of pictures, as usual!)

Fun people who attended

Dad, Bri, Shannon
Hannah
Sweet baby, Dakoda
Us - Dar & my dad helped set up and ended up staying to chat with friends :)
Awesome girl friends from our ward:
Sadie & Shelly, Angie & Ayden, Denise, Chelsey
Courtney (Aurora is going to have her middle name), Kristie (thanks for making the cinnamon rolls!), me & Jaime-Lyn
Me & Kate, a co-worker from several years ago
Some of our Aussie family:
Louisa, Laura, and Diane
More Aussie family:
Sarah & her friends
Dar, Anna, Sandy & baby Monroe
My cousin, Alice, sister Shannon, Great-Aunt Sharon & me
Liz & David
Me, Paige & Natalia
Janice & me
Gifts!

My mom got us this darling picture frame. We'll put in a better picture of the princess in a few weeks when we get to meet her! :)
We got lots of adorable outfits!
Hannah was a big help in bringing gifts over to me & helping me open them
My friend, Kristie made these delicious cinnamon rolls which were the party favors. The significance of the cinnamon rolls (or sticky-buns) is that's what we were hoping for with this pregnancy. Rather than just a bun in the oven (since the 1st one didn't stick) we were hoping and praying for a "sticky-bun" this time, and it worked! :)
The Loot
And now today's a work day because this is what her room currently looks like:
Dar's family got us the crib, and thanks to the generous cash donations and gift cards we were able to go buy the dresser/changer table Saturday after the shower and get to go pick it up tonight, so I have some work to do in getting my organized piles cleaned up so we can start moving baby furniture in. Thanks again so much to my wonderful mom & sisters for throwing the shower and to everyone who came & for all of the great gifts!! I can't thank you enough. Seriously. We love you all!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

How fun! I'm sorry I couldn't make it! Looks like you got a lot of great stuff. I have a gift for you guys, but I guess I need your address to drop it off. Could you email or text it to me?

Jared & Tracee said...

GOOD GRIEF, you got a lot of stuff. It looks like you got some really fun things! I TOTALLY wish I could have been there, or at least have my mom their for the both of us. We really suck! Your gifts are going in the mail in the next few days! We weren't ready to send them back with my parents! It has been a LONG time since I have seen a picture of your belly, it is so cute! I can't believe that P is already 4 weeks old, and that means Aurora is almost here!!! That is SO exciting! We NEED to Skype! Love and miss you guys!

Jake and Ashlee said...

you will have to post pictures of her room when you are finished!