Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It was a success!!

Today is my mom's {50th} birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!

Since it's a big one, my siblings and I decided to throw my mom a surprise party on Saturday and it was a huge success! She had no idea, we had a great turn out, good food, the weather was perfect, and we got to see some old family friends we haven't seen in years! Thanks to everyone who came & also to my sisters and Dad who flawlessly executed a well thought out plan to get my mom out of the house and back in time. We were all very happy with how the party went. We love you, Mom! Thanks for everything you do for our family!

Setting up decorations, with my brother in the background acting as our look-out
She's here!
Surprised & happy!
Mom's long-time friend, Carrie
Happy to see me again (4 times in 1 week!)
Surprised to see my baby brother too!
And my best friend who recently returned from Australia!
P was getting in on the fun too. So cute!
My beautiful baby girl
And no family party or get together would be complete without playing with blankets
Yes, there are 4 kids in that blanket!
And some of the older kids had to get in on the fun too.Getting ready to sing "Happy Birthday"
My Dad singing his traditional English style "Happy Birthday" song
(He served his mission in England)
Bob & Andrea singing their family's traditional "Happy Birthday" song
My mom's awesome cake--Thanks again, Shelly!
Cutting the cake
Miss Abbie
Ben & me
And she got lots of great gifts!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!
WE LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

FUN! You are so lucky to live so close to family.

Jenny M said...

Oh my goodness! What a fun party! I would have totally been there! It is so fun to see Bob and Andrea again! I think I saw Bishop Powell there too.
How I miss those wonderful people! Way to go on a successful party!

Happy Birthday, Kim!

Laura said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and differently surprised your mom. What a fun birthday. I also love the cake.

Guess what surprised me? It was seeing Bob and Andrea. I haven't seen them in like 15 years. Way to long!

P.S. I'm coming to Utah this summer so when you are up at your parents house you should call me.

Koon Family said...

I love my family and how they love me! Thanks for the party and helping me turn "the big 50" in a fun way! Love you bunches!