Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween 2011

We love Halloween at our house. It pretty much goes without saying. It's amazing to me how fast the time flew and that we didn't get to do some of the stuff I had hoped, but that's what happens when you have a baby that goes to bed at 8:00 and a super busy hubby. Such is life. It was still a great holiday, and I thoroughly enjoyed it :)

We really wanted to go all out with our family theme costumes this year, but we're trying really hard to pay down our student loans and things right now and we couldn't justify spending the money on the costumes we really wanted. So we went with Plan B. Cheap, but cute.

We couldn't resist going with a bee theme for our costumes this year as our plan B, with Dar having his first beehive and all. Rori was the baby bee, I was the queen bee, and Dar was the beekeeper. It was fun and everyone who saw us liked our creativity.

Our adorable little baby bee. I LOVED her floppy antennae.
At our ward party. I didn't have my crown :(
Dar's AWESOME pumpkin this year. Just about every trick-or-treater we had told us how awesome it was. We know. Good job, Babe!
(Then some stinky kids in the neighborhood went around stomping on all the pumpkins yesterday and ours were casualties too.)
My skill level is a little less than Dar's, but at least I carved one this year!
Happy Halloween!! Until next year....

2 comments:

Paige said...

So cute! A+ for creativity--costumes, pumpkins, and all!

Jared & Tracee said...

I like the plan B. It turned out cute! It helps that you have a super cute baby bee!!!