Friday, September 7, 2012

Customized Font

I just wanted to give a shout out to Kevin and Amanda and give them a HUGE THANK YOU for making my handwriting into a personalized font - for FReeeeeeeee (Bed Time Stories, anyone?).  Our titles and dates on our posts and side bars are now in my handwriting.  Pretty cool, eh?

They just emailed my personalized font to me today, and vuah-la!  My very own handwriting is now out there for anyone on the internet via this link ;)

My mom had emailed me this link a while back and told me I should submit my handwriting because she's always said it looks like a font.  I'm personally not that in love with my own handwriting, but I thought it would be kind of cool and obviously more personal to have my own handwriting on our blog, so I did it.

You can only add the font to certain places on the blog, and that's okay.  It was kind of a complicated process to get it on here, but I like to think I'm pretty good at reading and following directions :)  I'm a little bummed she wasn't able to get all my extra characters (such as ( ) < > . , # $, etc.) included, but no biggie.  It's probably because of something I did wrong when I submitted it.

Anyway, I just wanted to share one of the cool free things someone does out there for anyone who wants to give it a try.

Now if they could only make it work to upload your personalized fonts onto sites like shutterfly so you could have your own handwriting in your digital scrapbooks and things, now that would be pretty sweet!

4 comments:

Jared & Tracee said...

All the places that are suppose to have your font, is just a white box. Whats up? I want to see it!! :)

Lora said...

What a fun idea! I will definitely be trying this-thanks for the great tip!!

hope life is going well with your family! Thank you so much for your post about Nastassia. I feel the exact same way, and it was comforting knowing someone else is still going forward feeling similar emotions. I long to hold Christopher again so badly and at times like feels so hard, but aren't we lucky we have a bigger picture? The gospel really is the most wonderful gift anyone could ever receive. Stay strong!! xo

Louisa said...

That's cool. I think I might try this. I thought it was your handwriting even before I read the post. Weird, eh?

Erica said...

I think your mom is right...your handwriting DOES look like a font! I love it! This is a very cute idea!!