Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Slightly Random

Aurora is 20 months old today and I think that merits more pictures of her on the blog, as always.  We've done a few fun things in the last couple weeks I thought I'd post about and just do it all done at once.  Some of it is kind of random, so bare with me.  Here we go. . .

I left Aurora alone with her sippy cup of milk one morning to do a few things on the computer.  She came into the office, her outfit all wet, pointing to the living room and saying, "Uh-oh!"  When I went in to check, this is what I found:

Soy milk graffiti on the couch
The thing about Aurora's mischievousness is that she does stuff all the time she knows is naughty, and then she comes to me or Darwin and tells on herself.  Silly girl.

She got these 12-month size snow pants for Christmas last year but never got to use them because of our extreme lack of snowfall.  We decided to try them on to see if she could wear them this year; I think they'll work just fine.


On Labor Day we had a great time just being together as a family.  We got to be lazy, feed some ducks, and enjoy the leaves changing color in the mountains.  It was so nice!

 She loved feeding the "gucks" but Dar had to hold onto her, otherwise she would have been in the water with them :)
 Gucks
 Our smart little girl calls these "bubbles" - and they do look a bit like bubbles.

 Holding Mommy's hand and wanting to hold Daddy's hand too, sweet girl.
 More "gucks"
 
 I think Canadian geese are my favorite
 Autumn is coming!!! Yay!!!
The camera just doesn't do it justice.
 
 
 I asked Dar to take a picture of the reservoir up the canyon near where we live.  Instead of being filled with water this year it's just filled with plants because it's been so dry for so long.  I wanted to be able to compare it to a wet year :)
If you know me well enough, you know that I LOVE rain.  I love thunder and lightning.  I love the sound of rain, and the smell that comes with it.  Rainstorms are seriously one of my most favorite things in the world, and we've had a few good ones in the last couple of weeks.  And I also love the rainbows that come with them.

1 comment:

Abrahao said...

Your blog is so cute! So fun to find out more about you guys!