Saturday, January 26, 2013

Things I've been thinking about.

I love my family.  I love when things remind me how much I love these two amazing people in my life.  Of course our family is bigger than just the three of us (really almost 5 when we count our precious little Nastassia and now Savannah who will be here soon--they are very much a part of our family too!), and we love each and every one of our extended family members.  You know who you are, and we wouldn't be who we are today without your love and influence in our lives! :)
Our family a year ago on Australia Day
 photo IMG_5068_zps4d56622c.jpg

Dar and I went to the temple this morning and I had the opportunity to reflect upon the importance of families.  I feel so blessed to have Darwin and Aurora in my life.  I certainly have my moments when I get frustrated (especially when Aurora won't nap!) and we definitely have our challenges, but this family that I have is what life is really all about.  They are all that truly matters in the grand scheme of things.

I am so grateful to be a mom.  I'm grateful for the challenges and the blessings that come along with it.  I am grateful to be a wife.  Darwin is truly the love of my life and my very best friend.  I am so grateful to be able to laugh and cry with him.  I am grateful that we get along so well and that we make such a great team in working out the challenges that face us every single day.  We are certainly far from perfect, but what matters most is that we are working together and encouraging each other to be our best.  Not to mention we like each other, A LOT! ;)  I am so blessed to have him in my life every single day!!

I guess what really brought this on is the preparations I've been working on as we anticipate the birth of another baby girl in our family in the next couple of months.  Also with Aurora just passing her 2nd birthday, I'm working on making a shutterfly book of her 2nd year.  It has been such a pleasure to look at the pictures from this past year, to see how much she has grown and learned, and to see how much joy we've had as a family despite it being one of our most challenging years yet.  Aurora is truly a blessing in our lives.  My heart melts when I see her smiles, hear her giggles (especially when she's playing with her Daddy), and when I'm the lucky recipient of her precious little kisses and hugs.  We love having this beautiful little person in our home!

We're coming up on 9 months (can you believe it?) since we lost our tiny little Nastassia Grace.  I think about her all the time still.  I can't help it.  I'm grateful to be able to share tender moments with Darwin as we think about and continue to yearn for this beautiful spirit we didn't have the chance to raise here in mortality.  Time has certainly helped to lessen the pain of our loss, but it still lingers, and I'm so grateful for how we've grown together from our experience with her.

We have less than 9 weeks to our due date with this pregnancy and the arrival of Savannah.  It is truly a blessing to be able to carry and bear children, and I am so grateful for the opportunity, especially when I see so many other women (and their husbands) who struggle with fertility problems but want so badly to be able to have children of their own.  My heart goes out to them, especially as we have certainly had our own challenges with having children.  It's such a miracle when a child is born into this world, especially when they come healthy!

We are extremely looking forward to meeting this little one.  She definitely seems to be more of a mover than Aurora was.  She kicks me harder more frequently and Darwin says she's probably going to be our little athlete.  I joke that she's already fighting Aurora for attention and she's not even born yet!  Haha.  Darwin laughs at my response to her strong kicks sometimes, but I can't help it!  I honestly don't remember Aurora kicking me like this.  She seems to be in the same position Aurora was for all of third trimester also.  A majority of the movement I feel is on my right side, where her feet are and despite the occasional discomfort from her kicks and movement, I honestly LOVE feeling the baby move.  It's so reassuring to know her heart is still beating and that she's healthy enough to give her Momma a good kick in the ribs every now and then.  Sometimes it feels like March 28th will never come soon enough, but I'm trying to soak in all the tender moments I still have with just Aurora and me being at home together while Daddy's at work.  Savannah will be here before we know it!

I love you, my forever family!

No comments: