Thursday, January 17, 2013

1.11.13 - 2 years!

I obviously posted about Aurora's birthday already but I wanted to get her stats up too.  It's nice that she doesn't need any more shots until kindergarten (except maybe the flu shot) and that we're on a yearly check-up schedule now.  Man!  When did my kid get old enough to be a kid and not a baby anymore?!

Rori's 2 year stats:
Weight: 23 lbs (8%)
Length: 34 in (63%)
At 2 years:
-Aurora is a smart little nugget.  The doctor had to make sure Aurora can say at least 20 words at her 2 year check up, but I guarantee she says over 200--I'm not even sure I could guess how many words she says now.  I stopped counting at 18 months, but this girl is a chatter box and says just about everything we do.
-She can count from 1-10.  She hasn't done it completely in order, but she can count from 1-6 and from 5-10, so I definitely think that qualifies!
-She knows most of her colors.
-She knows circles, hearts, stars, and the moon.  We're still working on the names of other shapes but I'm sure she'll have them down in no time.
-She's working on potty training and doing an amazing job!
-She drinks about a quart of soy milk every day.  Yeah, that's a lot if you're wondering.  Our doctor told us we need to cut back.
-Aurora thinks she no longer needs nap time.  It's very frustrating for me but I'm seriously ready to give up trying, although I'm not ready for her to give up her nap yet.  She's currently having "quiet time" because Mommy needs a break and she won't go to sleep.
-For some reason she gets scared really easily.  Little noises (especially when they're coming from our noisy neighbors) kind of freak her out a little bit.
-She recently learned that our first names are Darwin and Kiara.  She now calls Daddy "Dar" or "Darwin" a lot, and sometimes will call me "Kara."  It's pretty cute and funny but I'm trying to not encourage it.  She also knows her middle name is Nicole.  We're working on our last name.
-She's a Star Trek fan, thanks to Daddy.  I love watching them sing the intro together and hear her say "Space" when Captain Kirk does.  It kind of melts my heart a little bit.
-She has become extremely independent and likes to do a lot of things on her own.  It's already hard for me to sit back and let her take charge sometimes, but I'm learning :)
-She likes to be in the kitchen when I'm cooking.  Her favorite thing is to stand on a chair and watch the kitchen aid mixer go around and around.
-She has gotten really good at singing along with us when we sing a song she's familiar with.  I love to hear her little voice!
-She loves all the princesses, but Rapunzel is her favorite.
-She makes her toys give each other hugs and kisses a lot.  It's pretty cute.
-Aurora now sleeps in a toddler bed in her big girl room.  It's amazing how fast she's growing up!
-She knocks on her bedroom door when she wants to come out because she can't quite open doors yet.  I love hearing that little knock!
-She is getting very excited to be a big sister and loves to talk about "Baby Vannah" a lot.

I could go on and on about our little sweetheart, but I'll stop there for now. :)  You are welcome to visit this recent post for more on our little sugar dumpling.
Photobucket
Happy 2 years, baby girl!
Thanks for being our Babsie!

1 comment:

deechickens said...

She is one smart girl, it is so fun isn't to watch our little babies grow into kids. It is sad and great at the same time, but they will always be our babies, even when they are old and gray! :)