Sunday, December 29, 2013

My life is good.

I had a really great visit with three amazing ladies in my ward (church congregation) this afternoon.  One just recently lost her husband to a 4.5 year battle with cancer.  They're such an amazing couple and such great examples to Darwin and me.  Another lady just lost her son a couple weeks ago to suicide.  The other is a double divorcee and is recovering from a recent surgery for cataracts.  I felt so blessed to be able to sit and chat with these three wonderful women for a whole two hours today.  We laughed together, we cried together--a lot!--and we just enjoyed each others company.  It was so nice!  I'm grateful Darwin didn't question me when I came home two hours after what was supposed to be "just a quick visit" to the one who just lost her son.  How I adore her and love our monthly visits together.  She is such an amazing example to me and always has such great advice to give me with my various life challenges.

I love this church for so many reasons.  One of them is the associations I get to have with so many wonderful people.  Our ward is like a family to both Darwin and me.  I love that I get to interact with the women--young and old--and I learn so much from them.  Always.  I've been privileged to serve in the Relief Society Presidency for almost a year now and my love for the women in the ward has grown tremendously.

One thing I really appreciated from my visit today was the reminder that MY LIFE IS GOOD.  I certainly have my challenges and trials, but mostly I am blessed.  I am grateful for that reminder today.

3 comments:

Christy said...

thank you for this! it is so true. looks like you all are doing well! i'm so glad.

Louisa said...

I love reading your blog. You have a way of lifting people up. Thank you!

Koon Family said...

Thank you for sharing! Glad you had this experience! I love you xo