Saturday, August 16, 2014

Rounding off July with the munchkins.

The big events we do each month are always fun, but I love capturing the fun of the little moments too.  With working as much as I did this summer (I don't really want to work full time in the summer again, at least not while my kids are so little still) I realized how important it is to slow down and enjoy your kids childhood before it slips away.  I know I'm way more uptight about things than I would like to be sometimes.  Part of it is my personality, part of it is frustration with little things we won't mention like potty training. Seriously though.  Life is too short and most of us need to to take more time to stop and smell the roses or sit down on the floor to play with our kids for an hour every day.  It doesn't sound like much, and it's hard sometimes with all the things on my "To Do" list, but I know that one hour of quality time with my kids on a daily basis will make a big difference in their lives as they get older.  I'm determined to recommit myself to being a better mom.  I don't want these little ones and these special moments to slip by and be lost in the busyness of life.

Darwin reminded me why he's the man of my dreams this summer (as he does every day in the little things he does) by swapping roles with me while I worked full time and he took care of the girls and the house.  He's amazing.  I love him.  One day he deep cleaned the kitchen and scrubbed the floor on his hands and knees.  Of course he had an awesome little helper ;)
 photo DSC06307_zpsecbce249.jpg
We had a couple of really cool rain storms and Rori couldn't resist the opportunity to venture out and play in the rain!  Cutie!
 photo DSC06408_zpsc155f78d.jpg
If you don't know it already, our little Savannah Belle loves her sleep.  There were a couple of days that she just couldn't wait for me to get her down for a nap.  Poor little thing!
 photo DSC06172_zpsaf7e089b.jpg
 photo DSC06173_zps8cb58f74.jpg
 photo DSC06252_zpseb47d3c3.jpg
Vannah likes to help with the chores too.  She's great at sweeping and dusting :)
 photo DSC06178_zps2fa0fef6.jpg
And she's our precious little princess too!
 photo DSC06253_zps05051985.jpg
Oh, how I love to kiss those incredibly kissable cheeks!
 photo DSC06258_zpsbb225d8b.jpg
I love that these two are such great friends!
 photo DSC06261_zps1e8baab4.jpg
 photo DSC06250_zpsbf47901d.jpg
 photo DSC06249_zps1c9e43b2.jpg
 photo DSC06247_zps1f84e4f2.jpg
 photo DSC06246_zpsab1b4106.jpg
 photo DSC06244_zpsaea3007c.jpg
Love these girls!!!
Happy July!

No comments: