Sunday, September 21, 2014

Messy girls!

The girls are usually pretty well behaved while I shower, but sometimes I come out to surprises.  One day several weeks ago, I came out and Aurora showed me her "pretty colors".
 photo DSC06585_zpsda24ddee.jpg
This wasn't the first time this had happened, and luckily we have washable markers so it wasn't too big of a deal.  I was just glad it wasn't on the furniture this time.  Later, as I was helping Aurora get dressed for the day I busted up laughing when I took her jammy shirt off and saw this:
 photo DSC06586_zpse82532b6.jpg
She had given herself armpit hair like Daddy :) Haha!  We waited to wash it off until Daddy got home from work so he could see her masterpiece. Awesome.

Aurora's "master of all messes" came on the afternoon of August 29th during quiet time.  We'll just say that's not chocolate on her carpet. :/  Yuck!  Nasty!  Eww!
 photo DSC06716_zpsfee6ba55.jpg
We pretty much gave up on potty training her a while ago because she is so stubborn and we were getting so frustrated, but this was the final straw and I knew we needed to be done with pull-ups for good this time.  She's definitely big enough and smart enough to do it.  This resulted in her having to go commando for an entire week before she could earn her panties back and it honestly worked miracles!  (Don't worry, we stayed home and didn't take her out in public.)  She went from not going on the toilet at all to only having about 4 accidents in the last 3 weeks! And, she's finally telling us when she needs to go!  Hallelujah!

Savannah's messes usually revolve around food and her insistence on feeding herself.  I'm okay with that.
Ranch Dressing
 photo DSC06582_zps5a4f60d3.jpg
She paints her food on her forehead frequently.  It's kind of funny.
 photo DSC06583_zps712ee7a8.jpg
Mmm!
 photo DSC06584_zps56a485da.jpg
 Chocolate Pudding - delish!
 photo DSC06594_zps0f19285b.jpg
 photo DSC06597_zps000013c2.jpg
She can say "cheese" now.  Love it!
 photo DSC06599_zpsc7d49224.jpg
Despite the sometimes frustrating messes our girls make and feeling like I'm constantly cleaning up after them, I try to remind myself that they're only little once and to enjoy this time I have to be home with them while they're so little.  My time with them is so precious and I try to soak in the small moments when we get to be silly and thoroughly enjoy each other, messes and all!

No comments: