Sunday, December 14, 2014

Our girls in November

These little girls we have certainly fill our lives with joy!
We sure love these little kidlets of ours!

Savannah
Savannah is starting to put multiple words together and I love to hear her talk!  A lot of what she says isn't very clear and has to be interpreted by me, but she's really close with some of them and it's nice that she's communicating so well with everyone!  Her words seem to be more clear every day though.  She surprises us with some of the new words she says on a daily basis. She's growing so fast and she has such a fun little personality.  She still loves to be a tease!  She has all of her teeth now except for her 2 year molars.  She currently loves Nemo and Frozen.  Her favorite show is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and she LOVES Mickey and Minnie right now.

Her favorite song is "I love to see the Temple."  She won't let me sing/hum any other song to her right now when I'm putting her down for nap time or bed time.  If I accidentally (or on purpose) switch the song she'll stop drinking her sippy or take her binky out and say "Memo" to let me know I need to keep singing "Temple".  I love that that's her favorite song!

Some of these pictures are kind of random, but I want to post them anyway :)
 photo DSC07216_zpsee6348e1.jpg
Happy girl!
 photo DSC07223_zpsb686ab00.jpg
And not-so-happy :)
 photo DSC07230_zps840fc2ce.jpg
Savy is learning how to take selfies just like Rori does
 photo DSC07278_zpsac7ef117.jpg
Savy's mullet hair is long enough that we can do braided piggy tails now!
 photo DSC07225_zps56461206.jpg

Aurora
She's such a little sweetie.  She definitely has her moments, however.  Most of the time she's really great and helpful and it's nice that she's getting older and learning new things and likes to learn how to do new things on her own.  She really wants to learn how to tie her shoes.  We just want her to master potty training!  We'll move on to bigger and better things once that mountain has been conquered.

She got her hands on my eyebrow pencil one day and did her own makeup. I promise I don't do my makeup that way ;) I think she was trying to look more like Daddy than Mommy that day.
 photo DSC07219_zps1c3a5e52.jpg
I pulled our her ballerina hand-me-downs from my cousin, Keira, and Rori LOVED it!  We really need to sign her up for a dance class!  Doesn't she make such a cute ballerina?
 photo DSC07234_zps6bf6faf9.jpg
We tried a new hair style on Aurora too--I think it's my new favorite way to do her hair. It looks so cute on her!
 photo DSC07226_zpsff9eaf90.jpg

I'm glad these two are such good friends and play so well together (most of the time).
 photo DSC07259_zps74c5fd61.jpg
 photo DSC07262_zps6709e118.jpg

I think it's been a while since I've posted some of Aurora's Rori-isms.  She really cracks us up sometimes!

October 15, 2014
Daddy was giving the girls a bath and Mommy was working on the computer.  From the other room, Mom heard Aurora say, “My butt is going to get big like yours, Daddy.” Haha!

October 23, 2014
We were eating dinner and Mom and Dad were chatting about something, not heated or anything…
Rori: “Guys! Stop fighting, okay?”
Mom: “We’re not fighting.  We’re just talking, sweetie. Apparently we don’t talk enough.
Rori: “I don’t like talk enoughs.”

October 27, 2014
We were just finishing up FHE.
Rori: “I have visiting teachers.  One’s name is Lucy and the other one’s name is Gru. And I have a friend named Macho.”

November 1, 2014
We were leaving cousin Alli’s baptism and following Grandpa and Grandma to Cracker Barrel for lunch. From the back seat we heard:
Rori: “Dad! We have to go home first!”
Dad: “Why do we have to go home?”
Rori: “So I can get my wallet.”
Dad: “What do you need your wallet for.”
Rori: “So I can buy the food!”
We thought it was very sweet that she was wanting to buy lunch for everyone :)

November 19, 2014:
Rori was going potty and I was sitting in the bathroom with her and we were just talking about something random. Aurora noticed the permanent retainer I have on the inside of my bottom teeth.
Rori: “Mom, you have a bracelet in your mouth.”
Mom: “I do?”
Rori: “Yeah. And Aeryka has bracelets in her mouth too.”
Mom: “I think you mean braces.”
Rori: “No, Mom.  They’re bracelets and necklaces.  I want bracelets in my mouth too.”

November 25, 2014
The girls were watching Polar Express and the Polar Express song came on.
Aurora exclaimed: “Oh, my heart!”
Mom: “Haha! What did you just say?”
Rori: “Mom, this song is in my heart!”

November 2014: For several months now Rori has been praying every night for a baby brother and “this many babies”—she unfolds her arms to put up all 10 fingers.  I told her she can have that many babies when she’s a mommy.

December 12, 2014
Rori: “Mom, Savannah is being a stinker. And a pill.  And a banana peel.”

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

kids are so funny! Your girls are beautiful!