Tuesday, December 2, 2014

November Happenings

Darwin and I have been really trying to make the effort to have some fun quality time with the girls on the weekends because we're working a lot and pretty busy during the week days. Not that we don't spend time with them during the week, but we make extra efforts to spend time together as a family on the weekends.  One of our favorite things to do as a family is a Friday night movie night.  I think we all look forward to Friday nights all week long!
We get lots of snuggle time in :)
 photo DSC07202_zps1e39a224.jpg
 photo DSC07203_zps2ff14353.jpg
Name that movie, anyone?
{Princess Diaries for anyone who can't guess those feet ;)}
 photo DSC07207_zps6cea80ab.jpg

Sunday, November 9, 2014
Aurora had her very first primary program at church!  Grandma and Grandpa came to watch and we were happy to have them there with us!  I was a little irritated with our primary president for a couple of reasons that I won't go into detail on.  Let's just say they had to do with crayons and peanuts.  Aurora did AWESOME though!  She was the very first one to say her line in the program and she nailed it!  She even whispered to the primary president, "I'm going to do it all by myself!" and then she said her line perfectly, "Before we came to Earth we lived with Heavenly Father."  I almost missed it because I didn't know she was going to be very first and I was on my way out the door with Savannah.  Luckily I heard her sweet little voice just before I left the chapel and turned around to see her say her line :)  Way to go, baby!
A friend from the ward sneaked a couple pictures of Rori during the program.
(Thanks, Vickey!)
 photo IMG_4304_zps266c25c5.jpg
 photo IMG_4305_zpsb9940154.jpg
 photo DSC07212_zpsdfd301d2.jpg
Our sweet little Aurora got this giant chocolate bar from the primary presidency as a reward for having her line memorized.  She was one of only a few who had their line memorized.  Good job, Rori!
 photo DSC07213_zps1c24257b.jpg
Savy was proud of her sister too :)
 photo DSC07214_zps65f294de.jpg


Sunday, November 23, 2014
We had a big family dinner with my mom's side last Sunday because my mom had some cousins in town from New York on their way to Idaho to spend Thanksgiving with their three sons.  I didn't even get any pictures of them, but it was great to see you, Tim and Gail!  I love that we live close to my mom's cousins and that our girls have cousins to play with on a regular basis.  They look up to their older cousins and always have a blast with them.  Just Dance on the Wii is always a hit with everyone!  Savannah was adorable to watch.  She just made up her own dance moves as she went along :)
 photo DSC07237_zpsca2a1220.jpg
 photo DSC07238_zps9ced089b.jpg
Rori did awesome following along with the dancers on the screen!
 photo DSC07242_zps79037719.jpg
Rori's focus face is great :)
(Just ignore the red eye :/ )
 photo DSC07244_zps9345fa6d.jpg
All the cousins crammed together
 photo DSC07250_zpsd9e4f25b.jpg
My cute parents :)
 photo DSC07251_zps46e5f7d3.jpg
 And our cute family
(Again, ignore the red eye--we really should invest in photo shop some day)
 photo DSC07255_zps7534d55e.jpg
More November to come later!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Way to keep the Deming tradition alive! My mom always made us memorize our talks in primary. She had us practice and practice and even drew pictures to remind us about specific points to the story.

I bet the extra time and attention you gave Aurora which resulted in her success will carry on for years to come!