Thursday, May 12, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

These little kiddos have changed my life so much.  Being a mom can be very difficult and challenging sometimes, but so worth it.
 photo DSC02232_zpsb9iommj2.jpg
I never fully appreciated my mom and all the sacrifices she has made for me until I had my own children. I know I still have a lot to learn and improve on to become the mom I truly want to be.  I am definitely a work in progress but I love these little munchkins with all my heart and would do anything for them.  I'm so glad I have these sweeties who call me Mom.  I feel more blessed than I deserve, and so blessed to be a mom.  I'm tying to be better for them.

Darwin made me breakfast in bed and I got to sleep in until 8:00!  It was wonderful!  I met up with them at church for the last hour and then we came home and opened presents after lunch.

The girls helped Darwin wrap my gifts and then they helped me open them :)
  photo DSC02249_zpssosijrgv.jpg
 This was the "Talmage" charm I needed for my necklace.  Love it!
 photo DSC02253_zpsflrdcx18.jpg
New cooking utencils. Yay!  I may or may not have begged for these at Costco ;)  But, after almost 11 years of marriage, we were in need of some new ones.
 photo DSC02257_zps5lhckv41.jpg
Helping me open another one.
 photo DSC02258_zpsdy99judc.jpg
I started blogging towards the end of 2007, and my sweet husband got our first year of blogging (2007 - 2008) printed into a book for me! Yay!  Thanks, Bunches.  You're the best!
 photo DSC02260_zpsna4lriup.jpg
After helping me open presents, Savannah got her hands on the camera.  She took this cute shot of our adorable little man.
 photo DSC02263_zpsxgllhnam.jpg
Daddy is so silly :)
 photo DSC02264_zpsup8odtbf.jpg
This isn't a very flattering picture of me, but Darwin looks great so I thought I'd post it anyway.
 photo DSC02265_zpsgjllrgwk.jpg
Savy selfie
(She got the scratches on her cheek from following Daddy up a big ladder while carrying a big stick up with her.  Ouchie!)
 photo DSC02267_zps550izt1z.jpg
Rori was giving herself a pedicure :)
 photo DSC02272_zpsxcv0gmex.jpg
Me with my boys on Mother's Day!
 photo DSC02278_zpsizlopvb8.jpg
Reading our blog book together.  So fun to look back at those old memories and reminisce :)
 photo DSC02299_zpsem3v3j0q.jpg
Then it was Rori's turn with the camera.
 photo DSC02300_zps7pvz5wto.jpg
 photo DSC02301_zps7z3qzqzw.jpg
Cuties.
 photo DSC02304_zpsjzyjubem.jpg
 Savy crashed on the couch for a couple hours.  She really needed a nap.
 photo DSC02305_zpshm64y3fy.jpg
I saw this dessert (chocolate mousse cake from Costco) on a friend's blog a little while back and wanted to try it.  Darwin decided to indulge me on my special day and got it for me.  It was so, so yummy and was the perfect way to top off a delicious dinner!
 photo DSC02306_zpsajdx4hek.jpg
While I was getting Talmage ready for bed, Daddy and the girls had fun playing with some glow balloons they found when they were helping Daddy wrap my presents.  One of the balloons popped but it just made it even more fun to just play with the light that was inside of it.
 photo DSC02311_zpsbsz4ogdd.jpg
 photo DSC02312_zps5dwrfgwj.jpg
 photo DSC02313_zpspstgoztd.jpg
Cuties.  I love that Talmage is so smiley!
 photo DSC02320_zpswybv4w28.jpg
The picture turned out a little fuzzy, but Aurora made this for me at preschool :)
 photo DSC02333_zpsah0pexxk.jpg
And she made me this cute card too.
 photo DSC02335_zpsurwqlbjw.jpg
Savannah made this for me at nursery on Mother's Day.
 photo DSC02336_zpshmeeufke.jpg
And the girls helped Daddy pick out some pretty flowers for me too!
 photo DSC02338_zpss8f1y5vc.jpg
Darwin and the kids spoiled me this year.  My family is too good to me.  I'm so grateful I have them.

Happy Mother's Day to the rest of all you wonderful women and mothers!  Especially those of you who have had such a huge impact on my life.  You know who you are.  I love you!

No comments: