Saturday, June 11, 2016

Liam's Baptism

I can't believe my nephew, Liam, is 8!  Time flies so quickly!  I swear it was just yesterday that he was a tiny newborn who didn't quite fit into his adorable wrinkly skin!  Either way, and whether we like it or not, Liam is 8 and old enough to be baptized!  On Saturday, June 4th, we went up north to be with family for his special day.  We had family in town from New York (Omie and Grandpa) and up from Las Vegas (Heather and Amaia--we missed you, Tayton!) so we had family pictures done.  It was hot and everyone was hungry by the time we were done so Darwin and I took our kids to one of my favorite pizza places for bread sticks near my old high school stomping grounds and went to the city park to eat before joining back up with my family for the baptism.
Miss Aurora
 photo IMG_0089 640x427_zpssydoldrq.jpg
Miss Savannah
 photo IMG_0091 640x427_zpsemdxvlkp.jpg
Mommy and handsome little Talmage!
 photo IMG_0090 640x427_zps8itf15s1.jpg
To cool off, we shared a yummy Oreo milk shake!
(P.S. I just have to say how happy I am that Aurora can actually eat real ice cream now!  Getting over her dairy allergy has opened a whole new world for her! A world she is thoroughly enjoying, I might add.)
 photo IMG_0092 640x427_zpshkeaky50.jpg
After our pre-lunch, we met up with my family at the church for a luncheon before the baptism.  The church was locked when we first got there so we found things to do while we waited for someone with a key to come open it up for us.
Silly Grampsie :)
 photo IMG_0093 640x427_zpsnwazxpjr.jpg
Rori and Amaia playing on someone's phone.
 photo IMG_0096 640x427_zpsex3a0zlm.jpg
Liam asked Grampsie to baptize him.
I can remember practicing in our living room with my dad before I was baptized so that I would know what to do when we got in the font.  It brought back good memories for me when I saw my dad practicing with Liam :)
 photo IMG_0107 427x640_zpszsumxk75.jpg
 photo IMG_0108 640x427_zpsvl5oczdw.jpg
Grampsie and Liam on Liam's special baptism day!
 photo IMG_0111 427x640_zpshvuf4kv5.jpg
Photo bomb by big sister, Hannah!
 photo IMG_0112 427x640_zpscff5evh3.jpg
Liam with his mom and dad.
 photo IMG_0120 640x427_zpsa1qh3exh.jpg
Liam asked me to give a talk on the Holy Ghost.  I pretty much cried through the whole thing.  I can't help the tears though, and apparently it's genetic because my mom and Omie have a hard time holding back the tears too :)

Congratulations, Liam!  We're so proud of you for making the right decision to be baptized.  That choice will bless you throughout your life and on into eternity!  We love you, buddy!

No comments: