Friday, June 20, 2008

Something to think about...

I saw this on the Hettinger's page, and Suzanne...I hope you don't mind that I borrowed this from you :) I had recently made a goal to read the Book of Mormon before my birthday, which is next Friday. Because Darwin & I were in Park City all week I decided to take advantage of my free time at the hotel while he was in his meetings to get through as much of it as I could. This is the first time I've read through the BOM this quickly and it really is amazing how everything flows and how you can really see the Lord's hand in its pages. I guess I've always just read a few chapters at a time for my daily scripture study and it's always been my favorite book of scripture to read, but I've found a new love of this amazing book, and my testimony of it has really grown. I'm glad I gave myself this challenge, and I can't wait to finish it in a few days! I actually just started my reading on Wednesday and as of this afternoon I've made it through Alma 30, then when I saw this posted on the Hettinger's page I couldn't help but share it with those of you who read the Deming blog. How much different would our lives be if we lived by these questions?

Book of Mormon and Your Cell Phone

  • Wonder what would happen if we treated our Book of Mormon like our cell phones?
  • What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
  • What if we turned back to get it if we forgot it?
  • What if we flipped through it several times a day?
  • What if we spent an hour or more using it each day?
  • What if we used it to receive messages from its text?
  • What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
  • What if we gave it to kids as gifts?
  • What if we used it as we traveled?
  • What if we used it in case of an emergency?
  • This is something to make you go ...Hummm...where is my Book of Mormon?

1 comment:

dre said...

You know, it would just be better if you had your BOM in your cell phone....give it a year. Or just go buy the iphone right now.