Saturday, June 28, 2008

Happy, Happy Birthday

My family did a fabulous job of filling in for Darwin on my birthday. We had a great time together! Skylar, my younger brother (I can't really call him my "little" brother because he's much bigger than me), made a delicious breakfast for everyone: cinnamon pancakes, eggs, & bacon--totally yummy! In fact, it was so good I was still so full I skipped lunch and waited until dinner to eat again. After breakfast and relaxing for a bit, we went to swim in the pool, and I laid out for awhile in the sun and fried myself a little bit as you can see from the pictures. After swimming we relaxed a bit more and then had a scrumptious dinner of grilled chicken, squash & zucchini, pasta salad, and of course, potato chips :). After dinner we relaxed again while we waited for more family to come over to have cake, ice cream & pie. All chocolate by the way! It was totally yummy too. Although I loved being with my family (thanks for taking such good care of me, guys!) the highlight of my day was being able to talk to Darwin on the phone. When he called me in the morning he had all of the people on his trip with him sing Happy Birthday to me. Totally cute :) And then he called me last night to wish me a happy birthday again. I really like having our birthdays so close together, but I have to say I'd love it if he weren't gone for our birthdays again. But regardless of being together or apart, I think we both had a blast for a birthdays and it's inevitable that now that our birthdays are past, we're both one year older and wiser too :). Also, thanks to everyone else for all the wonderful birthday wishes. They were absolutely appreciated!





3 comments:

Jenny M said...

Kiara,
Happy Birthday! I'm sorry that your honey isn't there to share it with you! It looks like your family took dang good care of it, as always...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday. I thought of you this week.

Take care, and pamper yourself! You deserve it - especially after that carbon monoxide scare! I'm so glad you called that gas company! Thank goodness for promptings and following them!
Love,
Jenny

Jennie-O said...

Happy birthday Kiara!! it looks like you had a great time even though Dar wasn't around :(

Elisa and Tyler said...

YAY! Happy birthday! How are you? Love ya!