Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pico de Gallo

It has been requested by our neighbor, Lisa, that I post a picture of my pretty salsa (aka Pico de Gallo) along with the recipe. I generally don't even follow the recipe. I just chop and mix until it looks good. This really is pretty tasty if you love fresh salsa. You could make it more spicy by including some of the jalapeño pepper seeds, but I don't like mine spicy. The last time I made it (this picture) I actually put 2 jalapeño peppers in it, and it doesn't even taste spicy. Just some tips in case you want to try out this recipe. :)

Pico de Gallo

6 medium tomatoes*, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
½ jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
pinch of garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Put all ingredients in a bowl. Add ½ cup of cold water**, mix well. Let set a few minutes. Refrigerate left overs.

*It's better if you use slightly under-ripe tomatoes, when they're more stiff.
**You may not need to add water, it just depends on how juicy your tomatoes are and how juicy you like your salsa.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

THANKS!!! It was super tasty!

Kenley and Mel said...

I am totally going to try this out, Kenley loves salsa and is always asking me to make him some....now, thanks to you, I can! Thanks!!!