Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Weekend - So Long, Sweet Summer!

Can you believe it's September already? Maybe I feel like it crept up on us because of our crazy summer but, WOW! Time sure flies when you're having fun, huh? First of all, I wanted to add another post to show you all my new hair cut :)

This is how long it was back in February before I chopped it. (I cut 11 inches off!)

This is what it looks like now (don't mind the red-eye :) And I know most of you have seen it short, but I decided to get bangs again after YEARS of not having them. Hopefully you guys will give me some input to tell me if you like the new "do" or not. Thanks, Mel, for always doing such a great job!

Second, I wanted to tell you about our boring Labor Day Weekend. Actually, it wasn't all boring. Friday night our apartment complex had a BBQ, although probably only 1/5 or less of us were there. We had a good time hanging out with our neighbors and getting to know them a little better. It's kind of funny that those of us that tend to be outside the most were the ones attending the BBQ. Hmmm....Great job on the appetizers, Lisa!! Soo delish! Saturday we did some homework and then in the evening we went to Doug Pusey's house. He's a friend of Darwin's and the guy Dar did his student teaching with at Canyon View Junior High. We watched an episode of the amazing BBC documentary Planet Earth and ate banana splits. Yum!! (*Side note: If any of you feel like you need to get us a gift at any time for any reason, we still need the Planet Earth set on DVD ;) Sunday we went to Church, as usual, and then had our friends, the Bradley's, over for dinner Sunday night. It was great to see them again because we weren't able to do our normal fun summer activities with them this summer because Dar & I were gone having fun other places. Monday was pretty boring for the most part as well. Dar & I ended up doing homework for most of the day before we went down to Mapleton to raid Mom & Dad Deming's garden to pick out some yummy veggies. We HAD to do something to get out of the house! The coolest part about the weekend was definitely being able to spend time together. A close runner up, however, was the great rain fall we got!! Did anyone else enjoy it as much as we did? Darwin tried to capture the intensity of the storm on the camera, but these pictures hardly do it justice:


Sorry about the big black slabs. Those are the stairs right outside our apartment door.

Obviously you can't get the full effect by any means. The sound of the rain was incredibile, and we were completely enjoying having ALL of our windows open so we could take advantage of the rare rain storm as much as possible. We quite enjoyed the chillier weather as well and it made us super excited for autumn and "cozy weather season" as we like to call it. Have I expressed at all how much I LOVE the rain! I admit that I wouldn't love it so much if it rained everyday, but Dar & I both decided that a good storm like this once a week would absolutely be Heaven!

The third point of this post was to get up some straggler pictures from the last few weeks of our summer vacation that didn't make it on our blog yet.

My niece, Hannah's, 3rd birthday party:

The birthday Princess, Hannah

I had to post this picture of Liam. Can you believe how big he's gotten??

At one point she had to crawl inside this bag to get her present out, but our camera was too slow to get the shot.

Hannah with the fuzzy green purse Dar & I got for her.

A cool flashlight from Gramps & Nanny

My favorite picture of the b-day girl. Leftover-ice-cream-face and all :)

Having Dad help her with her new fishing pole from Gramps & Nanny.


New & Old Friends (i.e. Misc. Pictures):

My parents got a new puppy named Roxy. We love playing with her!!! She's so much fun!


She's just the cutest little thing!

My beautiful kitty, Raz, who can't live with us because our apartment complex won't let us have pets :(

Reagan--Wouldn't this be a great shot for a Tostitos Tortilla Chip add?

Dar's first day of school. I couldn't resist taking a picture. It's tradition, isn't it?

4 comments:

Kenley and Mel said...

Thanks for keeping your blog updated! It's great to see what you and Dar have been up too.

Anonymous said...

You guys are SO cute! How is everything going? Are you still in Utah?

Jennie-O said...

You guys had a super fun summer, I'm jealous. P.S. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair cut!!!

Kenley and Mel said...

Love, love your hair cut!!!