Thursday, November 13, 2008

A little Thanksgiving makeover

Hope you like the new, temporary, look! Sorry if some of the songs on my playlist are cheesy, but I really wanted to try to be festive for Thanksgiving. I've been telling Darwin that it bugs me that Thanksgiving kind of gets skipped over...There aren't many fun Thanksgiving songs, so I did what I could; most of them are just about being thankful. There aren't a whole lot of fun Thanksgiving decorations, not nearly to the extent there are for Halloween and Christmas anyway, and I'm definitely behind on my Thanksgiving decorations, but we need to have a little Thanksgiving spirit, right? I really think song writers should start a movement towards writing awesome Thanksgiving songs. We have HUNDREDS for Christmas (wait till you see our Christmas playlist!), a few fun Halloween songs, but practically ZERO Thanksgiving songs!! What's up with that? I think Thanksgiving is just as important as Halloween, if not more, so why don't we have any Thanksgiving songs? I feel like Thanksgiving kind of gets meshed in between Halloween and Christmas. Don't get me wrong, if you know me, you know I LOVE all the holidays, but it would be nice if Thanksgiving was a little more recognized. Any ideas for how to be a little more festive for Thanksgiving?

No comments: