Monday, November 3, 2008

No longer a secret...

I can't keep it in any longer!! We've told several of you already, but it's been super hard to not blog about it because we're so excited/ sad at the same time about our news!! Hopefully by noting the "sad" description of our news, you realized that we are not announcing that we're expecting :) I know so many of you are hopeful about it, but the bun is not in the oven yet. No worries...some day it will happen.

BUT!! Our news is that Darwin and I are purchasing a condo!! Yay! This is a super exciting step for us because we've been discussing the possibility of buying a condo or a townhouse in the next year or so, but we honestly didn't think it would happen this soon. We really feel like this is a step in the right direction, but it's devastating for us at the same time because we don't want to leave the Ward we have been in for the last year and a half. We LOVE this Ward, and we are going to miss it terribly!! We considered not telling anyone in the Ward that we are moving, and just keep going, but after considering that possibility it didn't seem very realistic.

The condo we're buying is in Springville, about a 20 minute drive south of where we are currently living, in Orem. We couldn't pass up this opportunity because we found the cutest condo in the city we wanted to be in, and it has close freeway access (well, not for the next year because they're closing the closest freeway enterance for a year long construction project, but it will be super nice when it's done!). Our offer has been accepted, and our loan has been approved, so now we're just waiting to close on it. Closing is currently set for December 8th. We purposely set it for December so we could push our first mortgage payment back a little bit :), and so we could move and get settled in over Christmas break. For all of you "Wardigans" whom we love so dearly, and whom we will miss so incredibly; we will still be coming to church until the end of this year, and then we'll sadly have to leave and start attending our new Ward in Springville.

I don't have any pictures yet, but as soon as I get some I'll get them posted up. I hope you can all be as excited for us as we are!

9 comments:

Laci said...

congrats! thats so exciting!!!

The Ostlers said...

I am so glad you found my blog! Congratulations on buying a condo... hopefully SOMEDAY we won't be poor and living in a tiny apartment. You give me hope :)

BusyMama said...

Wow!! That is so exciting. :) I can't wait to see the pictures!

Kirsten said...

I know what you mean about leaving a GREAT ward! When we moved this last June, we had been in the same ward for 7 years! It was SOOO hard to leave! But, we're starting to get to know more people in our new ward and it's starting to feel more comfortable. Good luck with the move. Just in time for Christmas!

Jennie-O said...

congratulations! I am very excited for you both!

Kenley and Mel said...

Congrats congrats! I am so excited to see your new place. That is so exciting for you and Darwin. Hooray!

Erin said...

Alright, deep down I'm happy you've found such a nice place--but I'm still somewhat cranky that you're moving. I thought the "move secretly & keep attending the ward" plan was pretty good--what wouldn't work about that? Really, what?

Mandi and Jeff said...

How fun! My husband is from Mapleton and the dental practice he is going to is in Orem so in just over a year we will be moving probably to Springville area! I hope all goes well with the new house. It looks adorable!

Elisa and Tyler said...

OH my gosh! Congrats! This is so exciting! We are so excited for you! We need to hang out soon! Love ya!