Thursday, October 15, 2009

2009 Conference on Adoption

I've been privileged to sit on the planning committee at UVU for the 2009 Conference on Adoption. It's going to be AWESOME!!! Seriously. It's a yearly conference, but we're hosting it this year.

I'm positing this because it's a free conference open to the public, and will be held on November 2nd from 9am-4pm in the Student Center on UVU Campus. I know several of you who read my blog are social workers, or you have adopted children for yourselves, or you have been involved with adoption in some way, so this conference would be great for you to attend! (Every one else is invited too, no worries.) Here's the most exciting part about the conference...are you ready? Michael McLean is the keynote!! Woot! Woot! And...of course Michael McLean can't come talk about adoption without singing his amazing song "From God's Arms, to My Arms, to Yours." You have no idea how excited I am for that! (Also, as a little side note, if you do decide to attend, make sure you bring some cash or your check book because he's going to be selling CDs and stuff too.)

If you're interested in attending, click on this link for more information. At that link you can print the program and pre-register for the conference as well. You can also ask me if you have any questions...I know quite a bit about this conference, so I should be able to answer your questions. I hope some of you are able to come attend! I'll be there all day starting at 7:30, so let me know if you're going to come, and make sure you come say hi to me!!

No comments: