Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I should be studying....

...but I'm blogging instead.

You have no idea how happy I am to be done with going to school this semester! I've practically lived on campus since the end of August, so it's wonderful to be able to sleep in, go work out, and be lazy around the house. Yeah right...I'm still working on finishing my last take-home final for my Family Law class. I really shouldn't complain. I got off way too easy this semester. Out of the 5 classes I was taking, I ended up with 2 take-home finals. One of which was finished and handed in last Thursday. How easy is that, right? Wrong. My Family Law final consists of 13 multiple choice questions worth 26 points, half of which are tricky True/False options. The second part of my exam is a 25 point essay, both sections of which I have completed (minus some minor tweaking that needs to be done). The third section is a 50 point essay, of which I had to pick a movie to base my essay off of--Mama Mia (an awesome choice regarding paternity issue)--then apply the law to the facts of the case/movie. Whew! Not as easy as I thought it was going to be! Especially because I don't have the law memorized like my professor practically does.

I'm seriously trying to find every excuse in the book NOT to be working on my final right now: I whacked my right elbow really hard on my bathroom counter this morning, and now I get this awesome shooting pain in my elbow every time I move it...a perfectly good reason not to type, right?...minus blogging for the moment. Besides, blogging is TONS more fun than working on a final! The final actually isn't due until tomorrow night at 6:30, so I have plenty of time to procrastinate before finishing the rest of my essay last minute. The thing is: I HATE procrastinating!! If you know me well enough, you know it's one of my biggest pet peeves. I hate when I procrastinate, I hate when other people procrastinate. It just really bugs me! I hate feeling stressed on a time crunch, so I guess I'd rather feel stressed before the time crunch and get the stress out of the way before the deadline creeps up.

So, I guess I'd better get back to work rather than procrastinate...wish me luck!!

P.S. Did I mention that my awesome husband got another 4.0 for this semester? That's a straight 4.0 gpa for his Master's Degree. Way to go, Babe! You so totally rock!

1 comment:

Marci said...

Good luck not procrastinating! I think it is a Koon trait! I'm the worst! ITs 7 days til Christmas and I haven't bought a thing! We loved your CHristmas video! Thanks for sharing!