Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It shows

It's not the first time someone has told us. We know it, but it's so nice when others acknowledge it and let us know that they see it too. Dar and I have a wonderful relationship, and it shows. We are so glad we can be examples to other couples, even couples who are older than us and have been married longer. A woman who just met us last night told us that she can tell we're very happy together and that we have a special relationship and she said that it's not something we do, but it's something we have, and boy, do we know it! She also said that it's rare to have a relationship like we do, even inside the Church. They were very nice compliments, and I really felt like I should share them with you. We still don't know why we got so blessed to find and marry each other, and maybe we'll never know. But we cherish our relationship more than anything and we surely don't take it for granted! Dar is my very best friend and I am his. We are loving our Christmas break so we can be together the whole time!! I hope for those of you who aren't married yet but want to be, or you think your own relationship is less than ideal, have faith that Heavenly Father will make everything work out. It may not be in this life, like we have been blessed to have, but things happen the way they're supposed to. We all have our challenges, including Dar and me ;) Luckily for us, marriage is not one of those challenges. For those of you who have a relationship like ours, we're glad we're not the only ones that have been blessed like this, and we wish everyone could be blessed the same way! I know one of the reasons, among the many, that we are so lucky to have the marriage that we do is because we live the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We have founded our marriage upon Him from the very beginning, and try to live by His principles to the best of our ability. Another reason is because we naturally follow The 10 Commandments of a Happy Marriage. My mom got us a picture frame when we got married from Deseret Book that has these commandments on it. We have it hanging in our bedroom. Maybe I'll post them if I get some requests for it. They really are great rules for a marriage, and everyone should know them and live by them!

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

YES! Please post them! I'd love to see them. I've had the same compliments and I cherish them. I feel like my life would completely shatter without Paul. He literally is my other half. I don't know how I coped without him before we were married! My life is more blessed because I'm married to him than I ever thought possible. Thanks for posting this!

Robins Family said...

I would love for you to post them some time. :)

Jenny M said...

Please do post them! You two are just darling.

Suzanne Hettinger said...

Yes - Kiara - my friend, Karen, was right....You have something very special, but you always have. You have always been and it is truly a gift that you bring to your marriage. I know, that happiness comes only when based on the teachings of Jesus Christ. Please post what your mom gave to you. Love you lots, Suzanne