Thursday, June 3, 2010

love + laugher = the best kind of medicine

I know I get all gushy sometimes when I talk about my sweet husband, but it's because I really mean it, and I really am that way in real life.
(I know I just used "real" like 3 times in that sentence. Hang in there.)
Darwin is my best friend.
He is my backbone and support in everything I do.
He is the love of my life.
My companion for eternity.
We're attached at the hip.
ALWAYS.
The thing I love most about him is that he makes me fall in love with him all over again every single day.
No lie.

Last night was one of those nights I will cherish. Always.
No.
It's not what you're thinking.
Before we were married, I made Darwin promise to make me laugh every day. If you know Darwin's sense of humor, and you know how easily I laugh, it's really not that hard.
But he has fulfilled his promise.
And last night, as we were lying in bed getting ready to fall asleep he had me laughing so hard I was crying. It's not the first time. It actually happens quite frequently, but that's what I love about him. He always knows how to make me laugh. And he loves to hear me laugh at him. I laugh at his quirky jokes because I actually think they're funny, when most people may just laugh out of sympathy.
Laughter really is the best medicine. I don't know what I would do if we had to live life without laughter.
Darwin is the funniest person I know. I'm so glad I have him in my life every single day to make me happy and make me realize every single day that I am the luckiest girl in the world to have him as my husband. I wouldn't trade what I have for anything!

I LOVE YOU, BABE!

3 comments:

Christy said...

isn't it funny how you are the only one that can truly appreciate your spouse's humor? tom and i get that a lot-- we both think the other is hilarious-- and when other people don't realize how funny we are, i'm blown away. :)

you guys are way cute!

Koon Family said...

I love you two! What an amazing example you are to all of us...

Janice said...

I love watching the two of you together! You two make a very "hot" couple and are such good examples to others.(not by being hot but by being so in love and not shy about showing it.:) I miss getting to see you at school, Kiara, and am going through withdrawls! Thanks for being such a great friend and example! Tell your "hot hubbie" hello for me and take care! Love ya!