Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Quarter Centurion

I turned 25 yesterday. Happy birthday to me! I honestly don't feel old at all...Yet. I am now the age Darwin was when we got married. That's kind of weird, but totally cool at the same time. Yes. You read that correctly, and if you did the math right after reading that Dar just turned 31 on Friday, you just figured out that I was 19 when we got married. Young, I know. But I wouldn't change it for anything! I can't believe how fast time flies, but life is absolutely wonderful.

Yesterday was as good as could be. Dar started a new job (more to come on that later) so I got to hang out with Rori and then when Dar got done we hung out with him too. We took our Aussie friends out to dinner at 5 Guys (or we ate with 3 boys, which is what their daughter, R, told her grandma on the phone when we were done eating) and then came home and hung out some more. Perfect. But my favorite part of the day was opening my birthday present from my awesome hubby. He got me one of these beauties:
I can't even tell you how happy I am! I've been wanting one for a while and it was totally a surprise when I opened it. Thanks, Babe. You're seriously the best!! And thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. Now that my birthday is past, only 6 more months until CHRISTMAS!! Not that I'm counting down or anything....

6 comments:

Donna Moore said...

Happy Birthday to you and love the present !!

Louisa said...

Happy Birthday yesterday! Sorry that I didn't tell you before. Our phones are off. :( P.S. I'm jealous of your gift, but way happy for you. :)

Carrie Richins said...

Happy birthday yesterday!! I'm so jealous of your gift--well done, Darwin! You'll have to blog about all of the fabulous things you cook/bake up with it!

Koon Family said...

Hi Sweetie! What a lucky girl you are! Whatcha gonna make first? :0)

Lora said...

Happy happy birthday Kiara! I can't wait to see some of your creations!! Have fun

Paige said...

Happy birthday!!! Sounds like it was a great one. Good job, Darwin! I got one for Christmas after 6 years of asking. :) It's definitely worth the investment!