Tuesday, September 6, 2011

9/11 Tribute

In case you're interested (which you should be) the Mormon Tabernacle Choir is joining forces with celebrated new anchor Tom Brokaw for a special 9/11 tribute on Sunday.  You won't want to miss it!  It'll be broadcast around the country.  Click here to find out when you can watch it in your area.  Click here or here to find out more information about this amazing performance.

Do you remember where you were on 9/11 when you heard about the attacks?
I do.
I was a sophomore in high school and had just gotten to my first class of the day--seminary.  My teacher had the news playing on the TV.  I didn't believe it at first.  It just couldn't be real--but unfortunately it was.  The rest of the day was pretty much a blur for me. I was privileged to go to the top of the World Trade Center just 6 weeks earlier.
Thanks again, Bill, Suzanne, and Messy!

Dar was in Brazil serving a 2-year LDS mission for our Church.  He was out visiting a home of a family and they had the news playing on their TV when he got there.  He came back to the U.S.  just a month later after completing his full-time mission.

No comments: