Friday, September 9, 2011

Grammy's Funeral

It was last Saturday, and today would have been her 91st birthday.  It's comforting to know she's at peace now and no longer suffering and in pain from her body failing.  That's what happens when you get old, I guess.

It was nice to be able to attend her funeral.  But it was pretty hard at the same time.  It's the first time I've been one of the family members to the deceased.  It was tough, but we all made it through.  And Grandma is at rest now.  We love you so very, very much, Grandma!!

And of course the photo documentation :)

My Dad and his 5 older brothers were the pall bearers
 
 Grandma's favorite color was yellow (mine too!) and there were lots of beautiful yellow flowers provided.
 Our family
 Me and the munchk
 Our beautiful baby girl.  She's one of 67 great-grandchildren!
(And I have 28 cousins)
 Sky and Bri checking out some of Grandma's pretty flowers
 All 8 of Grandma's kids. Man! They're goofy! :)
 With spouses
 Rori thought Uncle Skylar's earrings were pretty fun toys :)
 She was so focused!

Even with as hard as it was, we all laughed, of course we cried, and we comforted and supported each other. It was nice to be with my family...my hubby and baby, my parents, all of my siblings, so many cousins, all my aunts and uncles, and even more extended family. Grandma sure impacted the lives of so many people and left such an amazing legacy for all of us left behind. I'm so grateful I can call myself her granddaughter.

P.S.  Happy Birthday, Kirsten!  I know today's hard for you.  You're in my heart and my prayers!

1 comment:

Kaylee J said...

Awe Kiara! I am sorry to hear about your Grandma.. not fun. But i am HAPPY to see that gorgeous baby girl! Holy cuteness!! When do you have that gorgeous little bundle?? I cannot believe how much Skylar looks like Tayton. Sheesh! How are you tho!?