Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Angel Friends

(Sneaking in a quick snooze before heading out to run errands yesterday morning)
My mom used to sing a special lullaby to my siblings and me when we were kids at bed time. Now I sing it to my sweet Aurora. It's still comforting to me, even when I sing it, and I hope she feels comforted by it too. It hit me tonight while we were snuggling in the rocking chair, and I was singing to her as she drank her bottle to go to sleep, that time has flown by way too quickly since she joined our family 13.5 months ago. She is so precious. I've been trying to savor and capture in my memory every little tender moment I get to have with this beautiful angel our Heavenly Father has blessed our home with. I love you, Aurora Nicole! Please, stay little!

Angel Friends

You came from a world where all is light
To a world half day and a world half night.
To guide you by day, you have my love
And to guard you by night your friends from above.

Chorus:
So sleep, sleep till the darkness ends
Guarded by your angel friends.
So sleep, sleep till the darkness ends
Guarded by your angel friends.

There is one treading softly at the foot of your bed
And another sits close with a hand on your head.
There is one at the window watching for the dawn
And one waits to wake you when the night is gone.

Chorus:
So sleep, sleep till the darkness ends
Guarded by your angel friends.
So sleep, sleep till the darkness ends
Guarded by your angel friends.

2 comments:

BusyMama said...

Bryant sings that to our babies too! It's such a beautiful song, it made my heart happy to see that someone else knows about it. :)

Rori is a cute little thing. Nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby!

Lape Family said...

Our kids love that play!!