Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bridal Veil Falls

Last Saturday was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!   We took advantage of the nice weather (after Dar got home from a camp-out with the scouts) and ventured up to Bridal Veil Falls with our Aussies.  It's seriously been like 4 years since I've been there, and we live close.  Weird. It was worth the short drive through, and I'm glad we did it.  I'm so glad that the weather has been (mostly) nice--it's done wonders on helping my heart to heal.

Dar said the water was cold enough that it made his feet hurt, but that didn't stop Aurora from having fun!  I'm posting lots of pictures so you can see the progression of her water fun :)
Testing out the water with her feet
Rolling up the shorts to prevent them from getting wet
Shorts are rolled, but still getting wet
Shorts are off, shirt is coming off too
Now she's having fun :)
Yeah, I'm pretty sure she wanted to drink that dirty water.  Yuck!
In the water up to her armpits.  She was seriously the only baby wanting to be in the water this far.  Crazy girl :)
Dar had had enough of being in the water, so he let her play in some slime.  Her soggy diaper was pretty awesome too, I must say!
My babes chillin' on the rocks
Beautiful Bridal Veil Falls
 
Tracee and Mr. P
 
I wasn't ready for the shot, but Aurora and Darwin look good in this one :)
My beautiful family
Back in warm, dry, clothes on the way back down the trail--I love this little lady's spunky personality.  She constantly makes me smile :)
We weren't done being outside yet, so we went and got slurpees from 7eleven and then went to a park down the street from the first apartment Dar and I lived in when we were newlyweds.
Aurora's first slurpee experience :)
Having fun playing with the aerobie (flashback to the 80s anyone?)
Our BFFs - Love you guys!
Aurora seriously amazes me--she was totally doing a BIG KID slide all on her own.  Way to go, baby girl!
I loved that I'd put her at the top of the slide and she could scoot her bum enough to get her going, and then she'd stiffen up to keep her balance.  She was totally having a blast :)
We couldn't resist spending as much time outside as we could to enjoy the beautiful weather, so we went back to McSweeney's and had grilled hotdogs for dinner out on the deck to top off the evening. 
Thanks for another fun adventure outside, McSweeney's!  Let's do it again sometime, eh?

1 comment:

Donna Moore said...

I am so happy that you guys are getting back out and carrying on after such a tough time. I miss the McSweeney's so very much but am so pleased that they are looking after you guys so very well. Can't wait for the next outside adventure with those outrageous McSweeney's !!!!