Monday, April 2, 2012

General Conference: It was for US this time.

Wow. General Conference this weekend was AMAZING!! Although I've always LOVED Conference I've never felt like it was so much meant for me as this past weekend's Conference. WOW!

I'm still amazed at the feeling I got that my Heavenly Father is so aware of what's going on in our lives right now with baby #2. (I can't wait until we find out what we're having so I can actually call the baby by its name. . . . Yes, we already have a name picked out for both genders.)

I was already astonished when several talks given on Saturday morning were about children and parenting. This talk by Elder Packer, and this talk by Elder Koelliker of the Seventy. But then President Eyring's talk from Saturday morning about having faith in trials really hit me in the heart. We missed Saturday afternoon session, and plan to watch it soon, but Sunday morning is the session that struck us the most. Elder Nelson's talk was great for us, but then then big kicker came when Elder Rasband spoke. I cried through ALL of Elder Rasband's talk. I felt like he was talking straight to Darwin and me. I'm even having a hard time keeping the tears back just thinking about his talk again typing about it. My mom said he should have just started his talk by saying, "Darwin and Kiara, This talk is from your Heavenly Father, with love." And it's SO TRUE. I felt the spirit so strongly when he was speaking, and I couldn't keep the tears back. Many tissues were used in the duration of his talk :)

There were several other talks that were perfect for us too, and I honestly felt like every other talk was meant for our family this time. This pregnancy isn't just affecting Darwin, Aurora and me. It's affecting all of our family, and everyone has been so gracious with their prayers and support already. We love this baby so very much and we're all hoping and praying for the best outcome possible.

I just have to thank my Father in Heaven for sending us such a GREAT BIG HUG with so many General Conference talks meant so personally for us and for answering our prayers in so many ways this past weekend. I know that He is aware of each of us. We were His children first before we came to this Earth, and He loves us more than we know. He wants to help us, and He wants us to return to live with Him again. I am so grateful for the knowledge of ETERNAL FAMILIES. I only hope that I can live worthy enough to be privileged to live with my family forever.

2 comments:

Paige said...

We just read your last post. We are thrilled to hear you are expecting and our hearts go out to you. You guys truly handle each situation that comes to you with such grace. We are thinking of you and you are in our prayers!

Louisa said...

I was thinking about your family during this talk. I'm glad that you were able to find comfort in his words.