Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Long weekend get-away

It's 5:45am, and I've been up since 4.  Yuck!  I just can't sleep for some reason.  Aurora woke up a couple hours ago, and although she's soundly sleeping in her crib again, I couldn't get back to sleep.  I just finished our ward newsletter and I'm still not sleepy, so why not blog? :)

This past weekend we were able to spend a nice 5-day weekend in St. George at my cousin's condo (thanks again, Spencer's!).  The same place we stayed for spring break right after we delivered Nastassia.  At first it was a bit hard for me to be there, bringing back all the memories and sadness of losing our tiny little angel baby.  After a while I was determined to have a nice weekend and make some new, happier memories.  That we did!

Dar's best friend from childhood, Bard, baptized his little girl on Saturday so we went down to attend Natasha's baptism and support the family.  (We love you guys!)  It was really nice to spend so much time with them on this trip because our visits with them are few and far between because of the distance.  We had a lot of time to ourselves though, and that was nice too!

First thing Dar likes to do when we get there is sweep the deck.  It is nice to not have stuff sticking to the bottom of your feel the whole time!
 And Aurora likes to play around and be cute so Mommy can take a gazillion pictures :)
 Singing to her heart's delight. . . and ours
 Beautiful smile!  She looks like her cousin, Dakoda, in this picture.
 She and Daddy were being silly
 
 She spent lots of time admiring her reflection in the window and munching on ice cubes
Mouth full of ice
More reflection admiration
 We spent as much time as we could relaxing on the porch swing, but it was really hot while we were there (108 degrees on Monday when we left!), so we only spent as much time out there as we could stand.
Me and my babs
(You can see her indented scar on the left side of her forehead from falling onto the edge of the firepit a couple weeks ago.  I wonder if it's going to be permanent. . . )
We spent LOTS of time at the pool.  I couldn't get in past my waist because my arms are still healing from my surgery so no pics of me in the pool and that's totally okay by me, but at least I could get in that much this time.  Last time I couldn't get in the water past my ankles!
 Aurora had a blast sticking her face in and out of the water. . . all on her own accord.  I'm so glad our munchkin loves the water!
 Aurora and Bard taking turns putting their faces in the water
 

This tube was a great purchase!  She could walk around the kiddie pool on her own
without us having to follow her around so closely the whole time.
So nice!  She especially loved the freedom it gave her.
 
 Observing something "cool" on the ground.
One of her new favorite phrases is "Oh, cool!" but it comes out "Oh, coo!"  Love it!
Later we stopped by a hotel some of the family was staying at for the baptism, but we didn't know they were swimming when we left and didn't have Rori's swimsuit so we had to improvise :)
 
 
 She really loved it, although her face doesn't show it in this picture :)
 Our sleeping beauty ended up in bed with us every morning so we could all sleep in a little longer
 Ready and headed to the baptism
 And of course more pool time!
Our baby does have some hair...see?
 We had beautiful sunsets
 Sunday morning we taught Aurora how to eat raspberries off her fingers.  It was pretty cute.
 
Monday we did some shopping at the outlet stores in St. George and then headed home and we're back to the grind stone already.  Dar had to teach Tuesday morning and I'm back to watching Delilah.  I'm especially glad to have Aurora back on her nice sleeping schedule since being home because I was having a really hard time acknowledging that her schedule was pretty much non-existent all five days we were gone.  Our weekend vacation went by way too fast, but we're looking forward to getting away with some good friends in a couple of weeks.  YAY for summer vacation!

1 comment:

Jared & Tracee said...

You kid DOES smile!!! :) Those are the most pics on one post of her smiling! Usually she is so serious! LOL! Looks like too much fun. Wish we could have crashed it like last time!