Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Nursery!

Since Aurora turned a year and a half last week, she gets to go to nursery at church now.  I was so excited!  I really wasn't worried at all about leaving her for two hours at church while Darwin and I go to our meetings.  She's such a friendly girl and loves to be with other kids, especially when there are toys involved.  I thought she might cry for a minute or two and then be just fine--I was mostly right :)

She went right into nursery and immediately started playing with a puzzle.  I was hoping she'd just keep playing even if I said goodbye and that I'd pick her up later.  She started crying and didn't want me to leave so I stayed and played the puzzle with her until she got distracted with something else and I quickly sneaked out.  I checked on her several times through the window and she was doing great every time I peaked.

When I went to pick her up from nursery after church she didn't want to leave!  Her nursery leaders were blowing bubbles for her and she cried when I tried to take her out. Silly girl.  Her leaders said she didn't cry at all after I left though.  Yay!  I'm glad she enjoyed it, and I hope we can pick right back up with it next time.  Good job, Aurora!  I can't believe how fast you're growing up!

2 comments:

Kenley and Mel said...

oh my goodness she is going to nursery now!?! wow she's growing so fast, and still just as adorable as ever.
how are you doing? its been a while since we talked, miss you and hope all is well.

Rebekah said...

18 months is a magical age.