Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Family Event

I'm on a committee at UVU for an annual conference each November, and I LOVE being a part of the committee every year.  In the past we've done a conference on adoption (which has been wonderful and inspiring every single time) although this is the only one I posted about on the blog.  This year, however, we decided to focus our efforts with a broader perspective and attempt to reach more families.  So, this year we're hosting the UVU Conference on Family Life, and it's going to be great!  I'm really excited for it.
The conference will be on Friday, November 16th from 9:00am-4:00pm in the Sorensen Student Center on UVU campus.  The keynote presenter is Matt Townsend, a communication and relationship expert; and concurrent presentations will be held throughout the day discussing a broad and varied range of topics surrounding Family Life.  One of the sessions will be presented by my very own cousins who I love dearly.  Some of you may know them.  They'll be talking about the challenges of raising a child with disabilities.

We'll also have food! :)  Lunch will be provided to all participants, and the food is always delish!, from my own personal experience.

Aurora and I would love to see some of you there (she'll be my side-kick, as always)!  Our committee has put a lot of effort into planning this wonderful event, and it's one that will benefit everyone who is a member of a family :)  Check out the website, and you can also register early for the conference on the website too.

Hope to see you there!!

No comments: