Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The holiday of L-O-V-E

Our Valentine's Day this year was pretty low-key, but it was definitely nice.  The day before V-day, Aurora and I had some friends over to decorate festive sugar cookies.  I'm pretty sure it was more fun for the moms than it was for the kids, but I'm perfectly fine with that.  Thanks, ladies, for coming and for your contributions!  We'll have to do it again sometime soon!
 photo DSC09072_zps2bdf6aaa.jpg
Aurora really loved it, but I made her stop helping me when I realized she was eating more of the candy than decorating with it :)
 photo DSC09075_zpsf276dd19.jpg
 We were all able to make a TON of cookies, but with my pregnancy-sugar-kick, they definitely didn't last long at our house!
  photo DSC09079_zpsa319d77c.jpg
On Valentine's Day, Darwin was able to come home from work a little earlier than usual to spend time with us, which we were all grateful for.  I was determined to be more gung-ho about our dinner this year and decided to make everything from scratch: spaghetti sauce, meatballs, breadsticks, chocolate cream pie, etc.  I was grateful to Darwin for playing with Aurora and keeping her occupied while I cooked, but I decided that we're going to order pizza next year so I don't have to spend so long cooking so I can spend more time just being with the people I love on the holiday of love.  Luckily it all tasted pretty good, but it didn't turn out as perfectly as I had pictured in my head.  Yeah, ordering pizza next year is definitely a better idea :)
 photo DSC09089_zps47abed44.jpg
We hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day too!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

You are such a good mom! I want to be like you...