Friday, July 5, 2013

Birthdays.

Darwin and I have birthdays 3 days apart.  We love having our birthdays so close to each other.  It's like we get an entire week to celebrate our birthdays!

Darwin turned 33 this year.  We really don't do much by way of celebrating our birthday's, but it's required to do a little something at least :)  Aurora LOVES birthdays.  She's been pretty obsessed with them since she turned 2 back in January.  Her birthday enthusiasm makes everything way more fun!
She helped Daddy open his present
 photo DSC01248_zps9f9babaa.jpg
 photo DSC01249_zpsedb856a4.jpg
Cute Rori on Daddy's birthday
 photo DSC01250_zps9cd24cce.jpg
Our sweet Savannah--hanging out and happy as usual!
 photo DSC01252_zps265a0bb7.jpg
We got free Noodles and Company for dinner, thanks to their birthday club :)  Then we had a couple friends over for cake and ice cream to celebrate with us.  Gramma and Papa came over later too.  Aurora helped me make the frosting for Daddy's cake.
 photo DSC01256_zpse64068dc.jpg
She's a great helper!
 photo DSC01265_zps84b76c3d.jpg
I only had one #3 candle and didn't want to go get another one, so we improvised :)
 photo DSC01271_zpsc788c257.jpg
After starting to sing "Happy Birthday" before everyone else was ready, Rori also helped Daddy blow out his candles and then we enjoyed some yummy cake and some time with our fun friends
 photo DSC01277_zps9b099cdc.jpg
I turned 27.  It was my golden birthday--I turned 27 on the 27th of June.  We really didn't get any pictures of my birthday, and I kind of feel like it's the birthday that didn't happen, just because I was SO sick on my birthday this year.  I felt pretty miserable.  BIG bummer.  A fever, body aches, chills, and worst of all--a sore throat that completely kicked my butt.  I couldn't even drink water without feeling like I was swallowing a mouthful of broken glass shards.  Not fun at all!  Dar was really sweet and was going to make a nice dinner for me but because I couldn't drink, let alone eat much, I settled for Progresso Chicken Noodle Soup--I really appreciated how soft the carrots were :).  I'm not a huge cake fan, so Dar made me some brownies instead with the hopes I'd be able to eat it, and I managed to eat a small piece with some ice cream, but even that didn't feel at all pleasant.  But, my birthday really was as good as it could have been considering my circumstances thanks to my sweet hubby taking such good care of me and managing the girls so I could rest.  I think my most favorite part of the day though was listening to Aurora sing "Happy Birthday" to me.  Rori's the best little singer.  I love it!

Dar's mom is a manager of a health center lab, and being the angel she is, she came over the day after my birthday to swab my throat to see if we could figure out what was wrong with me without me having to go to the doctor.  Turns out I had strep throat.  AWFUL!  I'm pretty sure I haven't had strep since elementary school, and I certainly didn't remember how nasty it is.  I ended up having to go to the doctor anyway so she could give me a prescription for an antibiotic, but it was nice to know what I had going in so they didn't have to swab my throat again.

By Sunday I was able to finally eat a little bit, and Dar's parents took us out to eat on Monday to Goodwood BBQ (one of my fav's).  I was so glad I could swallow mostly normal again by that point!  They also gave me a book, which Aurora helped me open, of course.  I can't wait to read it!

My in-laws are so cute.  They always make our gifts fun to open :)
 photo DSC01308_zps36371d74.jpg
Miss Aurora helping me open my present
 photo DSC01316_zps1e35c160.jpg
 photo DSC01317_zps31d40776.jpg
 photo DSC01319_zps9a22c24e.jpg
Our cute girls again :)
 photo DSC01321_zps360e1edb.jpg
Happy Birthday to us, my love :)

2 comments:

dre said...

Mom is the best and home throat swab tests! The last time I had strep I was living alone in SLC. My parents had to drive up and pick me and so they could take care of me until my antibiotics kicked in. It meant the world to me they could take care of me. It really is the worst sickness and such a bummer to have on your birthday. Sorry sis.

Rebekah said...

You have such a beautiful family! Happy Birthday. (I REALLY need to call you! I have some serious Fortaleza Brazil questions...)