Sunday, June 30, 2013

Just a thought.

Certain recent events, specifically the supreme court ruling on same sex marriage, have been on my mind lately.  I don't always find things in my daily personal scripture study that stand out to me as being particularly relevant to that day, or week, or whatever, even though I always learn a little something when I read.  But on Friday I found myself sitting in the waiting room at my doctor's office and took the opportunity to read my scriptures on Dar's iPad.  As I was reading, I came across a scripture that I felt certainly applies to our worldly turmoil today.  I hate how things are looking for the future of our country.  Anyway, I wanted to share it with you because I felt it was significant, especially in regards to Proposition 8 being overturned:

24 And now behold I say unto you, it is not expedient that such abominations should come upon you.
25 Therefore, choose you by the voice of this people, judges, that ye may be judged according to the laws which have been given you by our fathers, which are correct, and which are given them by the hand of the Lord.
26 Now it is not common that the voice of the people desireth anything contrary to that which is right; but it is common for the lesser part of the people to desire that which is not right; therefore this shall ye observe and make it your law--to do your business by the voice of the people.
27 And if the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then is the time that the judgments of God will come upon you; yea, then is the time he will visit you with great destruction even as he has hitherto visited this land.

It makes me sad to think that the voice of the people is being overthrown by the few.  Sometimes I feel like I have to hold on to my faith with all the strength I can muster in order to face what feels like white water rapids up ahead.

P.S. Completely unrelated, but important to Dar and any interested family members, I updated my Father's Day Post with pictures from Father's Day :)

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

It's a little scary, isn't it. I've thought the same things as I've read these verses and watched the changes made here in Colorado. I guess we just need to remember that the Lord will watch over His people and we need not fear.