Thursday, October 3, 2013

Little fishes? Not so much.

We finally took Savannah to the pool.  We have unlimited access to our clubhouse pool, but we haven't gone since before we started potty training Aurora.  We keep saying we'll take her when she can go a full day without an accident.  Potty training has turned into an every-day-want-to-pull-my-hair-out-affair most days.  Guh!  Everyone keeps telling me Aurora is still really young, just give her some time.  And we refuse to use pull-ups (although I admit we've stuck one on her occasionally) or put her back in diapers, so it's partly our fault, I guess.  So, we wait.

Even though she's still having accidents, we decided to bite the bullet and take the girls to the pool anyway--with both girls in "swim pants" (a.k.a. swim diapers).  So, September 21st was the big day!  Savy was pretty happy in her cute little swim suit :)
 photo DSC03026_zpsd2dbd0c2.jpg
And since no one knows when we'll make it back to the pool, I stuck her cute little swim towel jacket on her, because it may not fit her by the time we're ready to attempt the swimming pool again
 photo DSC03030_zps8adf880a.jpg
Long story short--we get to the pool, Rori needs to use the potty--already.  I take her to the potty, she goes a tiny bit.  Yay!  Back to the pool.  We stick Savy in--the water's pretty cold.  She cries, but I'm a mean mom and need to snap some pictures and take a quick video anyway--documentation is very important.
(Look at that face! Ah, melt my heart!)
 photo DSC03034_zpsb20e5907.jpg
Savy's freezing.  She's in the water for about 3 minutes total.  Dar hands her over to me so I can wrap her in a towel and attempt to warm her up.  Rori needs to use the potty--again.  Dar gets out of the water to take Rori so I can tend to Savy.  Rori won't go.  They come back to me, someone smells stinky.  It's Aurora.  Swim diaper is no longer good.  We pack everything up and go home.  I didn't even make it into the water!
Oh, well.
It was fun while it lasted.
Maybe we'll have better luck next time.

No comments: