Sunday, January 19, 2014

Aurora is 3!

I can't believe she's three.  Time just goes by too quickly. All the more reason to cherish these precious moments when my children are small. The "cherishing" part is hard sometimes when my terrible-two-year-old exhibits signs of the even-more-terrible-three's.  Aurora really is a very sweet and loving girl, but she definitely has her moments, as all kids do.  Maybe I have my moments more than she does.  Haha.  I'm happy to take part of the blame if need be :)

Anyway, Aurora turned three on January 11th. It was a special day.  Daddy and I (but mostly Daddy because I was working) decorated with balloons and ribbons all over the house over night for Aurora to wake up to.  Most of the decorations are still up at this moment--it's always so hard to take them down when she loves them so much!  She was very excited to wake up and see the decorations all over--Daddy did a great job!
 photo DSC04161_zpse6855496.jpg
As soon as she woke up Aurora asked me, "Mom, where's my box?"
Me: "What box?"
Aurora: "You know, my box!"
Me: "Do you mean your present?"
Aurora: "Yeah!  Where's my present?"
Me: "It's in my closet.  You need to wait for your friends and Grandma and Grandpa to come over tonight before you open it."

Of course she couldn't wait though.  She wouldn't even wait until after breakfast!  Haha.  I love the excitement of kids.  And, since it was her birthday, we let her open it. :)
 photo DSC04153_zps6a4db1b9.jpg
She got a new bugsey eyed "ty" puppy named "Rootbeer", the Frozen soundtrack, some jewelery, a couple belts, some new rubber bands for her hair, Monster's University and Wreck It Ralph on bluray.
 photo DSC04154_zpsbd53ccf4.jpg
We made our special Christmas rolls for breakfast and Rori loved that too.  It was mostly a relaxing day, and we've listened to the Frozen soundtrack multiple times daily since then :)  I love to hear Aurora sing along with the songs.  Her favorite one is "Let It Go" that Elsa sings.

Daddy always gets flowers for us on her birthday.  I'm glad he remembers the part I played in bringing her into the world :)
 photo DSC04215_zps3040ed1a.jpg
 photo DSC04213_zps35e63693.jpg
I feel like I missed out on a big chunk of her birthday because I went to a funeral for a really amazing woman in our ward.  She got to hang out with Daddy and Savannah though :)  One of the biggest highlights of the day for her was helping Daddy make her birthday cake.  She asked us about her cake all day long and she was SO excited when it was finally time to put it together.  She really wanted to help with it, and she did a great job!  She helped Mommy make the icing.
 photo DSC04167_zps2397af14.jpg
And eat it too, of course :)
 photo DSC04168_zpsf3eb834c.jpg
She helped Daddy frost it and put the candy on it.  I've been wanting to make a Kit-Kat cake for a while and thought Aurora's birthday would be a perfect time to try it out.
[She was making tic-toc sounds instead of smiling because she was singing along with Frozen and wouldn't stop for the picture :)]
 photo DSC04171_zps90172613.jpg
After dinner from Five Guys and a quick cat nap in the car, we had some friends and Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Ryan come over to celebrate with us.
 photo DSC04173_zps9463df95.jpg
Grandma and Grandpa got her the roller skates and pads she's been asking for.  She was so excited and can't wait for the weather to warm up to go try them outside
 photo DSC04176_zpsefca7703.jpg
 photo DSC04174_zpsec4ff00e.jpg
She got an Elsa doll--she has slept with it every night since she got it!
 photo DSC04180_zps5bc501f3.jpg
She got a LalaLoopsie mermaid doll to play with in the tub
 photo DSC04182_zps4d141479.jpg
Our beautiful little three year old!
 photo DSC04185_zpsd16ba271.jpg
She was totally looking forward to blowing out her candle :)
 photo DSC04186_zps583fc905.jpg
We ate delicious cake and ice cream.  The cake was a big hit with everyone!  And I was especially glad Aurora ate her "special" (soy) ice cream this year.  It's expensive stuff and she didn't eat it last year.
 photo DSC04192_zps917b4252.jpg
 More important than her presents and the things she got were the people who helped make her birthday special.  Thanks to everyone who came and celebrated with us, for everyone who called and gave birthday wishes, and more especially the love and support shown to Aurora and us on her birthday.
Thanks, Omie, for the card and money you sent!  She was SO excited to get mail with her name on it, and especially that it was from her grandparents.  I'll try to get the video posted of her opening it :)

We sure are glad you're in our lives, sweet girl!

Happy Birthday, Aurora!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I, too, love the excitement of kids! It reminds me to let go and enjoy the moment.