Monday, April 7, 2014

Nastassia Day!

Two years ago today we held our tiny princess in our arms hands.  We had to say goodbye before we even got the chance to say hello, but our tiny little angel made a bigger impact on our hearts and in our lives than we ever could have imagined.
 photo 117871047_4x6Print_Matte__006_zpseb8f61bd.jpg
This poem shares just how we feel about our little Nastassia Grace:

Little Footprints
How very softly
you tiptoed into my world.
Almost silently,
only a moment you stayed.
But what an imprint
your footprints have left
upon my heart.
-Dorothy Ferguson

I heard David Archuleta's version of "Be Still My Soul" today.  It's one of my most favorite hymns and I couldn't help but think it was perfect that I heard him sing it today--on Nastassia Day.
I needed this today.  Stassia's birthday hasn't been quite as hard for me this year--partly because I've kept myself really busy, but my heart still misses her and I need the reminder for my heart to be still--it is still hard to look back on our experience with her two years ago.  Not a day goes by that I don't think of her.  When this time of year approaches I start thinking of her a ton.  Some days are hard and sad, other days are happy and hopeful.

To celebrate today, Darwin bought me a beautiful bouquet of yellow daffodils (a.k.a to us as Nastassia flowers).  It has become tradition for us to get some yellow daffodils for Nastassia Day--I can't see yellow daffodils and not think of her.  I think that will stay with me forever, and I'm perfectly okay with it.
 photo DSC05209_zps8f6928f4.jpg
Tonight we pulled out our keepsake box with all of our treasured, cherished items that remind us of her.  We were privileged to have Aunt Georgiana join us as we talked with each other about Nastassia Grace and how we picked her name and the significance of it.  Aurora was excited to see Nastassia's bunny and the blanket she was wrapped in at the hospital, and the tiny molds of her hands and feet.

I love that Aurora thinks of her often too.  She frequently tells us that Nastassia lives in her tummy.  She lets us know occasionally when Nastassia is sleeping, or hungry, or needs a tickle. :)

It was so good for us to take the time today to remember our tiny angel and be grateful for her in our lives.

Happy Birthday, our dear, Nastassia Grace!

2 comments:

Jared & Tracee said...

Two years, wow! Love you all!

Koon Family said...

What a worthy goal to live ours lives to be with her forever. Sweet Angel Nastassia! Love you!