Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Anderson Family Reunion - 08.01.15

August 1, 2015
The first weekend in August, we headed up to Idaho to reunion with my dad's family, and extended family on his dad's side.  When families that big get together, I realized that people still just tend to hang out with the family they know.  It was fun to see my cousins, aunts and uncles again.  I'm pretty sure that's the first time Savannah has been to Idaho, and the first time our little family had been there in several years.  I have tons of awesome family members in Idaho, but since my grandma passed away about 4 years ago, we just don't make it up there as much.  I was grateful for the opportunity to go up there this summer and reunite with some of my dad's family.

We caravaned up with my parents, who drove my cousin's suburban back up for them (it died when they were down here in Utah the weekend before for my cousin's missionary home coming).  It worked out well for everyone :)  We stopped to get gas somewhere along the way and in the parking lot we saw a pick-up truck limo!  The first thought that came to my head was, "Only in Idaho." Haha!
 photo DSC09472.jpg
Our reunion this year was at a little park in Ririe, ID.  The kids loved climbing on the army stuff and my oldest uncle, Harvey, tried explaining to them how to use it :)
 photo DSC09473.jpg
 photo DSC09474.jpg
Koda and Aurora
 photo DSC09490.jpg
Sweet Savannah waited so patiently to have a turn to spin the wheel (not sure what it's for), but all the other kids played with it first for a long time!
 photo DSC09493.jpg
My dad with his siblings and cousins. Don't ask me to name them all, because I can't.  I only know my dad's siblings :)
 photo DSC09477.jpg
Darwin took this picture of my dad and his older brother, Clair.  Darwin thinks they could be twins.
 photo DSC09479.jpg
My dad with his siblings (he's the youngest of 8 kids)
My dad (Frank), Clair, Bruce, Harvey, Rodger, Kip
Aunt Martia, Aunt Dianna
 photo DSC09482.jpg
Me and my cousin, Kirsten.
 photo DSC09484.jpg
Me, my sister (Bri), and my cousins Terra and Kirsten
 photo DSC09486.jpg
I've really been missing my grandma the last little while. I've always missed her since she passed away, but it's been especially hard having her gone lately.  She was such an amazing person and a tremendous example to me.  It was hard to be in Idaho this time knowing we wouldn't see her and feel her hugs and love.  I really wanted to go see her grave, so we did.
I miss you, Grandma!!!
 photo DSC09495.jpg
 My grandpa passed away before my parents met and got married, so I obviously never knew him while he was alive.  This is his headstone:
 photo DSC09496.jpg
The girls in the cemetery
 photo DSC09504.jpg
When we were done at the cemetery, we headed out to my Grandma's property where my uncle still lives.  I wanted to feel close to my grandma, but things just aren't the same with her gone.  I actually didn't even go in the house because I knew it looked different than it did when Grandma was alive, and I wanted to remember it the way it was when she was here.
This is a welcome sign for us when we get to Grandma's house.  I've loved it ever since I was a kid.
 photo DSC09511.jpg
Me and my cousin, Terra, again :)
 photo DSC09512.jpg
Savy fell asleep in the car on the way to Grandma's from the cemetery
 photo DSC09515.jpg
My sister asked if we could take some pictures of her cute family again.
Love these cuties!
Shannon (my sister), Hyrum, Johnathan (bro-in-law),
Hannah and Liam
 photo DSC09521.jpg
Aurora wanted to try fishing while we were there.  Terra was taking her sons, so she taught Aurora how to fish also.  It's a good thing Terra was there to teach her because it's definitely out of mine and Darwin's arena :)  I was proud of her for wanting to try something new!  She didn't catch anything, but the slough at Grandma's house just isn't what it used to be.  I have so many fond memories of the slough at Grandma's house!
 photo DSC09531.jpg
 photo DSC09533.jpg
On our way home, our 4 hour drive turned into a 5 hour drive because of a roll-over accident on the freeway.  Someone was hurt really badly because they brought in a life-flight helicopter and we had to wait for it to take off before traffic was moving again.  The freeway became a parking lot and people were getting out of their cars and walking around because we were stopped there for an hour.  The guy in the car in front of us got out and was offering to share his Swedish fish with other vehicles. :)
 photo DSC09535.jpg
It was sad to see such a horrible accident, but we were grateful for the chance to go up to Idaho and spend some time with my family.  Until next year! :)

No comments: