Saturday, September 27, 2008

Body Worlds Exhibit

I hope the picture doesn't gross anyone out (because to us it's really fasci-nating), but I wanted to share that Darwin & I had the oppor-tunity to attend Gunther von Hagens' Body Worlds: The Anatomical Exhibition of Real Human Bodies on Tuesday. Click here for additional information. The exhibition is in Salt Lake City until January 11, 2009, so if you get the opportunity to attend, we absolutely, 100%, recommend it. It is a little pricey, so the only reason we were able to go is because Darwin was able to get in for free, thanks to him being a Utah educator. I'm not sure if all Utah educators were given the opportunity to attend for free, and I believe it was only for that one day, but we chose to take advantage of our opportunity. I believe the tickets for adults were about $22-$23 dollars (I can't remember the exact pricing), and about $16-$17 for children, but it's totally worth it if you can scrape up enough extra money to go!

Not only is this exhibit an art exhibit of the human body, but it is extremely educational and fascinating, and it really helps you to appreciate the durability and fragility of the human body. After attending this exhibit, we came out with a greater understanding and appreciation of what our bodies can do. Life really is so fragile; it's great to be reminded of the complexity of our bodies, and how many incredible things we are able to do with it. I don't know how anyone could go to an exhibit like this, and see all the amazing details of what our bodies look like on the inside, and not believe that there is a God. I'm sorry folks, but something as grand as the human body, doesn't just evolve into something like it is without the helping hand of a Supreme Creator. I firmly believe that we are created in the image of God, and that we can become like Him. I know that God created the world and everything in it. Each serves a specific purpose in His eternal plan. I am so grateful that we were able to attend this exhibit and be reminded of the opportunity to come to this Earth and receive a body. It was a great reminder as well, that we really do need to take care of our bodies. Our bodies are meant to last us a lifetime, and if we don't take care of ourselves, they won't be able to endure the length of time they are intended to.

I hope you will all take the opportunity to see this exhibit either here in Salt Lake City, or when it comes to a location close to where you live. The exhibit travels around the world, so hopefully it will come near by at one point or another. :)

3 comments:

Jennie-O said...

Thank you for this post. I'm so glad that you think it's cool too because I totally want to go but T is resisting. I really really think it's just cool to see the body presented like that!!

Lisa said...

Thanks for the information! I totally want to go! In fact, we looked into it when the exhibit was in Vegas (they were charging twice that amount so we decided not right now.) I have been meaning to look it up for SLC So THANKS!

Beverly L. Royer said...

Thanks for posting this! It sounds really interesting to me and I would love to go, but we probably won't be able to because of family commitments. Glad you were able to see it.