Wednesday, November 10, 2010

To. Die. For!

I seriously crave this pie year round, but still have yet to make it this season. I figured I might as well share the pure joy of eating this pie with all 10 people who read our blog before Thanksgiving comes so you can try it out on your own family first and then see if you want to make it for the big dinner on Turkey Day. This pie is seriously To. Die. For! I'm telling you...once you try it, there's no going back!! (I hope I'm not talking it up too much, but I'm sure you'll love it either way!) I'm honestly not a huge pumpkin pie fan in general--it's just too dense for me, but I could probably eat this pie every day of the year and not get sick of it. Okay, that might be an exaggeration too, but you catch my drift.

Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
Courtesy of the amazing Colleen Terry

4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 cups Cool Whip
1 graham cracker pie crust
1 cup milk
2 pkgs (4 serving size) Jell-o instant vanilla pudding
1 can (16 oz) pumpkin
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves

Mix cream cheese, milk and sugar in large bowl until smooth. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spread on bottom of crust.
Pour 1 cup milk into bowl. Add pudding mix. Beat until well blended, 1 to 2 minutes. Mixture will be thick. Stir in pumpkin and spices; mix well. Spread over cream cheese layer.
Refrigerate at least 3 hours. Garnish with additional whipped topping and nuts if desired. Makes 8 servings. *I also like to shake a little cinnamon on top of the last layer of cool whip for presentation.
*I like to use the graham cracker crust that is a little larger than average (it says "2 more servings" on it.) Some common stores have it and some don't.

Enjoy!! And leave me a comment if you make it to let me know if you liked it!

5 comments:

Christy said...

yessss.... i'm totally making this on sunday. THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart, for another pumpkin recipe. it looks amazing.

Anonymous said...

I am a huge sweet potato pie fan but my boyfriend loves pumpkin so I might have to try this.

Danica said...

Yes, what a small world!! I grew up with Jessi. She is wonderful. I wish you could have gone too!!! Congrats on your upcoming baby! Take care!

Marci said...

you rock! I'm excited about it!

Christy said...

Made it. Ate it. Loved it. Thank you!!