Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hunger Games

Thanks to everyone who recommended I read this series. I finished it last night. I really liked it! Maybe not as much as Harry Potter or Twilight, but it was really good and I enjoyed reading it. One recommendation I have if you liked the Hunger Games is that you should read The Alliance written by Gerald Lund (same author as The Work and the Glory). It has a similar but less violent feel to it. Just my two cents :)

Also, I want to wish my sweet sister, Shannon, a very happy birthday! I love you!!

1 comment:

Georgiana said...

Kiara! Oh no, I forgot to warn you! When I recommended Hunger Games I didn't know how it ended. After reading the last one I didn't know if I could recommend them anymore. The ending was painful. Too painful. I bawled my eyes out and was so bummed the next couple of days (what can I say, I'm imaginative and fiction really affects me). It wasn't even the good kind of painful, it was just bleak. So what am I saying here? I guess it's too late, but...sorry it wasn't as enjoyable as the others. I (and probably the other recommenders) didn't know since the last one hadn't come out yet. I mean, I guess I still really like them, and am kind of impressed that the author followed through with the direction of the narrative, but MAN, that was painful.