Monday, November 8, 2010

Warm before the storm

*Warning!!*
I know I always post tons of pictures and this post is no exception, but these are all of Dar. Be ye warned! :)

Believe it or not, it was about 70 degrees here on Saturday. Such a nice day to be outside!! We took advantage of the nice weather and went to help out the in-laws with some yard work before the wet weather this week. (And yes, I woke up to rain on this beautiful Monday morning! Love rain!!) Dar spent a good part of his time playing with the trees. Okay, by playing I mean cutting them down and making them look nice:

1st project of the day: Get the ivy out of the juniper tree, and make the tree look nice in the process :)
Scoping out how far up the juniper the ivy went
My monkey way up in the juniper tree
2nd project: Take down the tree limb that fell from the neighbor's yard over the driveway from that amazing storm we had recently
Getting out the big guns :)
While Dar worked on the 2nd project I made myself useful by raking up leaves that fell from the beautiful Maple tree in the back yard...
...so Dar could play with the leaves too--or clean them up :)
The poor guy was pretty pooped by this point and it took every last ounce of his energy to clean up the piles I made. (I would have done it myself but it's getting harder and harder to bend over, so it was left to him to clean up the leaves.)
Don't judge the methodology. He was totally making me laugh though.
If you shove your face in a pile of leaves, you're bound to have evidence remaining, right?
Killing two birds with one stone: squashing down the leaves to make room for more + taking a break at the same time. You are one smart cookie, Love!
As Dar was putting his tools away I found a little teeny snake by the garage...Dar nearly stepped on him!
A few shots of the beautiful autumn leaves. I can honestly say I'm ready for the cooler weather!

1 comment:

Christy said...

ooh, i love that second to last shot with the light coming through the leaves.

(and yes, post your pumpkin recipe! i would love to try it!)