Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We started out the day by getting up really early and heading up north for family pictures with my family (those pictures to come later, hopefully). But here's one family photo we had taken at my cousin's house:

Funny thing--Dar & I ended up in the center of just about every single family shot that day. It helps being the middle child & the center of the universe, I guess ;)
After a crazy photo shoot, we went to my sister's house for a Thanksgiving brunch to hold us off until turkey time. It was pretty scrumptious!!
Hannah loves Uncle D, and one of her favorite things is for him to swing her around in a blanket :)
Thanksgiving Brunch
We also did our family Christmas gift exchange because we were all together and we won't be for Christmas. It was so nice to have everyone in the same place at the same time!

Hannah & Liam both got new Wii games from Uncle Tayton
Dar & I gave Mike & Bri 3 new movies to help build their movie collection--Liam helped just about everyone open their gifts :)
Liam helping me open the cute card and Christmas money his family gave me & Dar
Tayt was super happy about his gift from Mom & Dad
Hannah & Liam helping Gramps open his and Nanny's gift from Skylar
Helping Omie & Grandpa open their gift from the fam
After relaxing for a little bit we headed back home with everyone to have Thanksgiving down here around our stomping grounds. It was kind of crazy with all the people there, but that's what Thanksgiving is all about, isn't it?

I went downstairs to take pictures of the kids playing and this is how I found my husband...
There was some serious Wii playing going on!
Handsome Matthew
Bri & sweet baby Koda
(Everyone is saying Koda looks just like I did as a baby. We can't wait to see who our little nugget looks like!)
Some of the craziness in the kitchen
We have to set up 4 tables to fit everyone :)
My Pops working on the bird
Back downstairs the kids got out our favorite game--Just Dance!
Some of us even started playing without remotes. Matt pulled out some pretty sweet moves during Cotton Eye Joe
Those that weren't into playing Wii played pool instead :)
Had to sneak in another cute shot of Dakoda
Usually we have dinner with both of our families, but we ended up missing Dar's family dinner all together this year so we didn't get any Thanksgiving pictures of his family. We still went over and ate some of their yummy pies & spent the next couple days helping them eat left-overs. Mmm! Overall, we had a very nice Thanksgiving, and we hope the rest of you did too!

A Short List of a Few of the Things I've been Grateful for This Year:
1. My Savior, Jesus Christ, who made it possible for all of us to be here on this Earth & to whom I am forever indebted to.
2. My wonderful husband and best friend, Darwin. I honestly can't imagine my life without him. I could go on and on for days about how amazing he is, but I'll spare you and just share my thoughts with him :)
3. Graduating from UVU with my BS degree, Darwin graduating from MSU with his MS degree
4. Overcoming one of the most difficult challenges I have ever faced & being blessed with a great pregnancy as a result.
5. Supportive family who love us and mean the world to us.
6. Wonderful friends in our ward who we love to hang out with and have come to mean so much to us.
7. Being able to celebrate Grandma's 90th birthday with her.
8. Seeing my other grandparents and being able to spend some time with them.
9. Being able to feel our healthy baby girl kicking and growing and greatly anticipating her arrival.
10. My testimony of the Gospel and my temple marriage. They mean the world to me.

1 comment:

Jared & Tracee said...

Its about time that you post something! I have been waiting!!!! Looks like you had a GREAT thanksgiving!!! Can't believe how big your nieces and nephew are! By the way, you are looking good!