Tuesday, November 2, 2010

All Hallow's Eve

It's pretty much a requirement to love Halloween if you're in this little family of ours. So it pretty much goes without saying that we dress up every year. The people in our ward were expecting great things from us since Dar's costume was so amazing last year. This year, it was my costume that got most of the comments. It was a simple costume, but people loved it! I was slightly bummed I didn't get to wear it longer and show it off to more people (read below for the story).

I think it's funny that I don't even really look pregnant in this picture. We should have gone with a tighter shirt. Oh well. But yes, I am 6 months pregnant in this picture. And I think my awesome red eyes give the picture the extra accent it needs :)
I wish I could say I'm creative enough to come up with the idea on my own, but I actually got the idea from this website.

Saturday we went to our ward trunk-or-treat, and about 40 minutes into it we got stormed out. The storm was absolutely amazing!! A bunch of us just stood in the church parking lot and watched it come in. You could hear the rain/hail falling before you could see it, but the clouds were moving so fast we barely got in our car in time before it all came down on us. One of the cool things was you could feel a definite drop in the temperature just before the storm got to us. Like I said, it was absolutely amazing. And the storm pretty much ended the trunk-or-treat. Dar & I sat in our car for probably about 20 minutes just listening to and watching the storm before it calmed down enough for us to run inside our house.
We ended up with a lot more candy left over this year compared to last because the storm cut everything short, and I'm still trying to decide if it's really a good thing or not that we still have all this left over chocolate at our house.

We had seriously considered decorating the trunk of our car but it was already wet outside and we figured we wouldn't be at the church for very long so we ended up with a plain trunk, but Darwin carved one more pumpkin half an hour before we left for the church:
It was actually a freaky pumpkin to have staring at us while we watched Clue with our friends, Jimmy & Becca after a little dinner and some trick-or-treating ourselves. We only had about 3 families come trick-or-treating at our house while we were home, hence all the extra candy in our pantry that I'm trying desperately not to eat because I get heartburn just about every time I sneak some. Overall it was a really fun Halloween this year. Dar & I got to watch all of our Halloween movies throughout the month of October, carved pumpkins, enjoyed our decorations, and ate lots of yummy treats! HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!

Jimmy with Dar's awesome glasses on. Love this picture!!
The Mad Scientist with his lovely creation :)
I already took down all of our Halloween decorations yesterday. I could honestly put up our Christmas tree right now and be totally okay with it but I'm trying to talk myself into waiting at least until mid-November (we usually put all of our Christmas stuff up Thanksgiving morning). I'm so excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year! Bring on the rest of the Holidays!!!!

Pregnancy Update:
In the home stretch--Third Trimester!!! Woot! Woot! I went for my 28 week appointment yesterday & everything is looking great! Baby has a strong heartbeat & I'm measuring right on schedule. I now start going to the doc every 2 weeks from now until Christmas. After Christmas we only have 4 weeks until our little munchkin is due! YAY!! I cannot even tell you how excited I am! She's still a little wiggle-worm in my tummy right now and so far not too much discomfort. She still makes me laugh quite frequently with her little movements. I can't help it...it tickles!! We start our prenatal birthing class next week and Dar is excited out of his mind ;). Just kidding. He really doesn't mind that I'm making us take one. We are so excited to be parents & can't even express how glad we are that things are going pretty much perfectly with this pregnancy. We can't wait to be parents!! Things I look forward to most: (1) Seeing the face of our little creation and meeting her for the first time, (2) Seeing the love of my life hold our little girl in his arms.

5 comments:

Jared & Tracee said...

Your costume did turn out cute! Sorry your trunk or treat got rained out, the store seemed pretty cool though!!! Glad that everything is going well with your baby!!!

becky rigby said...

Cute costumes! You need to have a link that we can click on to follow your blog. I have one on mine but I don't know how it got there. =)

Lora said...

ha ha so funny- What a creative idea! one of my mission comps is due next week and she dressed up as jonah and the whale! Perfect for the baby inside! ha ha

I can't wait for you to feel the wonderful-ness that is being a parent! You two are going to LOVE ever second of it! (really for several months you won't even want to sleep because you won't want to miss ANYTHING! Good luck with your classes!

Kenley and Mel said...

Haha those costumes are great. I love to see what you guys dress up every year as...cuz Ken and I don't.
You're totally right though, you do not look 6 months preggo my dear - hehe.
Congrats again!

Janice said...

Okay so I'm a little creeped out by your outfit but it's Halloween right? ha ha And just tell Dar he looks a little too authentic! :) I'm so excited for your little one! You are both going to make amazing parents! Love to you both! Happy Day!