Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Family Camp-out 2011

Dar's sister, Georgiana, was in town this last week from Pittsburgh, and while she was here we thought it would be fun to do a family camp-out. I know we had a great time, and the kids are all stoked for next year's camp-out and want to do it for a whole week next time! I think we're pretty safe to say it was a success...let's do it again!

The hammock's were a big hit with the kids
(Sean swinging Emma)
Rori loved chewing on Grandma's chain for her glasses
Allison showing me she could fit in Rori's bumbo
Rori munching on Anna Janna's finger with her newly surfaced 1st tooth!
Sharing a spoon with Aunt Dre
We made scrumptious tin foil dinners!
Dar made really yummy cherry cobbler and peach cobbler! (Not to mention we had smores later on too!) Delish!
Cool shot Dar took of the fire
Uncle Ryan chilling by the fire drinking his DP
I was trying to get a shot of Dar & Rori together...classic that Andrea jumped in the shot. Rori thought it was funny :)
My two blue-eyed babes
Me and my princess! Love this girl!
Dar serenading us with his hidden harmonica talent
After Rori & I went to bed, the adults and older kiddos stayed up and had some fun with the glow sticks
Cool shot of the stars--You can see them if you enlarge the picture
Aurora slept AWESOME! She took over my sleeping bag in the morning when I left the tent for a minute. Cutie pie.
Out and about and ready for breakfast!
Grandma & Grandpa D spoiled us with a delicious breakfast of blueberry pancakes (which Dar actually cooked), and all you could eat bacon, sausage, and eggs! Mmm! Mmm! Mmm!
Fried eggs and sausage cooked in bacon grease...Need I say more? Yum!
We went through 4 pounds of bacon, but I think Allie ate about a pound all by herself ;)
Me and my baby enjoying breakfast
Rori hung out with Grandpa (lovingly known as "The Loud Thing") during cleanup. She liked wearing his hat :)
And to close up the trip, Dar & Geo played a long game of horse shoes
Dar finally won by ringing his shoe around Geo's pole. :)
Thanks for a fun camping trip! And it was great to have you for a few days, George. We love you all!!

No comments: